Showing results 1 to 25 of 93
Search took 6.98 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: YMC
Forum: Australia 26-04-2009, 04:16 PM
Replies: 29
Posted By YMC
Mice in garden now in house - News Update

Yeah, I was surprised it was so cheap. Its Bunnings at Nunawading.
Forum: Australia 26-04-2009, 04:15 PM
Replies: 29
Posted By YMC
Mice in garden now in house - News Update

"terryc" wrote in message

I guess there may
be more...
Forum: Australia 25-04-2009, 06:00 PM
Replies: 29
Posted By YMC
Mice in garden now in house - News Update

I borrowed my friend's cat for the weekend.

And I set up a trap using the "humane mouse trap"

http://www.humanemousetrap.com.au/

I bought it at Bunnings for about $2.60.

Smeared the end with...
Forum: Australia 25-04-2009, 06:10 AM
Replies: 29
Posted By YMC
Mice in garden now in house

Good idea Lens mate.

Will do!!

I already had traps set up near my compost bin. Nothing close to the house
to avoid the obvious.

This one must have slipped through somehow.

YMC
Forum: Australia 25-04-2009, 06:07 AM
Replies: 29
Posted By YMC
Mice in garden now in house

"0tterbot" wrote in message

i can't fathom anyone getting freaked out by a few mice, but that's not
the issue here :-)
Forum: Australia 24-04-2009, 06:21 PM
Replies: 29
Posted By YMC
Mice in garden now in house

how is not killing a european house mouse "ecofriendly"? i know they're
cute but they don't belong...
Forum: Australia 24-04-2009, 07:50 AM
Replies: 29
Posted By YMC
Mice in garden now in house

Rats! Sometime back I saw that there were mice in my compost bin. I don't
put food scraps there except vegetables - but it must be nice and warm
inside during Winter time.

One of them got into the...
Forum: Australia 22-04-2009, 11:31 AM
Replies: 10
Posted By YMC
Killing kikuyu grass - fruit tree ok.

Regarding steamers - there are portable steamers that look a bit like vaccum
cleaners. I think the price is about $100 or so.
Forum: Australia 21-04-2009, 06:12 AM
Replies: 10
Posted By YMC
Killing kikuyu grass - fruit tree ok.

"There is a problem with kikuyu
re-germinating. You cannot see the seeds. They are...
Forum: Australia 19-04-2009, 05:12 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By YMC
Killing kikuyu grass - fruit tree ok.

"phil..c" wrote in message
Thanks for letting us know the good news

May I suggest hit the loose ends if not many again with the...
Forum: Australia 11-04-2009, 07:04 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By YMC
It's stopped raining mid north coast finally

Bad people triumph when good people do nothing.
Forum: Australia 11-04-2009, 07:04 AM
Replies: 10
Posted By YMC
Killing kikuyu grass - fruit tree ok.

Hi,

Just wanted to let the group know about my attempt to kill kikuyu grass in
my backyard.

I used roundup and zero concentrate - mixed with water of course with the
proper ratio (I forget what...
Forum: Australia 11-04-2009, 06:58 AM
Replies: 14
Posted By YMC
Growing vegies Melbourne

Most of the vegetables that have edible fruit are summer season in
Melbourne. What do you mean by...
Forum: Australia 10-04-2009, 12:54 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By YMC
Growing vegies Melbourne

Hi,

I'm looking for something else to grow in my garden during autumn... any
ideas? I was thinking stuff like herbs or small fruit plants.

Usually I grow roses. But an amazing thing happened in my...
Forum: Roses 07-04-2009, 03:22 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By YMC
Lost a couple of roses over the winter

I've lost some roses this winter and have no idea what got them, other
than...
Forum: Australia 06-04-2009, 05:34 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By YMC
Its Raining in Melbourne Finally!!!!!

i suspect - fairly :-) some supplies have rather too much chlorine, etc
which might also be a...
Forum: Australia 03-04-2009, 07:35 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By YMC
Its Raining in Melbourne Finally!!!!!

Its finally raining. Literally pouring like a tropical thunderstorm (not as
intense and long tho). But its a welcome change.

I was over in Singapore last week - when it rains - its like a waterfall.
Forum: Roses 11-02-2009, 03:45 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By YMC
Best Mulch for roses?

The 1-2" thickness of wood chips - chipped by myself - seems to
hold...
Forum: Roses 10-02-2009, 09:51 AM
Replies: 8
Posted By YMC
Best Mulch for roses?

I'd steer away from wood-chips - they rob Nitrogen. Which might not...
Forum: Australia 03-02-2009, 05:38 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By YMC
Whats a good Nectarine Tree to grow?

"Totoblue" wrote in message

I was thinking of growing a Nectarine tree in my backyard. My Uncle
used to have a...
Forum: Australia 31-01-2009, 01:54 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By YMC
Whats a good Nectarine Tree to grow?

I was thinking of growing a Nectarine tree in my backyard. My Uncle used to
have a really great one - it produced these fantastic fruits which we
allowed to ripen on the branch - then we plucked...
Forum: Roses 29-01-2009, 02:51 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By YMC
Few Leaves - Plenty of Blooms

Hi,

I've got an odd problem with several of my dark red roses - they produce
very
few leaves - but plenty of blooms. Sometimes there are no leaves on the
cane. They are BlackBoy variants - taken by...
Forum: Gardening 18-01-2009, 03:51 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By YMC
Rose Plant Problem- Plenty of blooms - no leaves?

Hi,

I've got an odd problem with several of my dark red roses - they have very
few leaves - but plenty of blooms. Sometimes there are no leaves on the
cane. It is a BlackBoy variant. Not much of a...
Forum: Australia 18-01-2009, 03:48 AM
Replies: 0
Posted By YMC
Odd problem with Roses - no leaves - plenty of blooms

Forum: Gardening 07-01-2009, 02:28 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By YMC
Rogor Insecticide Rose Hips

"Phisherman" wrote in message

I don't like it but I use systemic pesticide on my roses, there would
be nothing left without...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 93

Forum Jump