Showing results 1 to 25 of 30
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Henry & Carolyn
Forum: Lawns 01-08-2008, 01:05 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By Henry & Carolyn
Killling trumpet vine

Good luck! We've been trying to get rid of it for years! It even pops up
15 feet away from where it was planted!

Forum: Ponds (moderated) 12-07-2008, 02:47 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Henry & Carolyn
pond filling in!

Wow! Where's the pond?

On Wed, 9 Jul 2008 10:27:10 EDT, "D Kat"
Forum: Ponds (moderated) 04-06-2008, 02:42 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By Henry & Carolyn
spawning

We did do a partial water change by emptying our rain barrels. Plus we have
had rain lately. There isn't a whole lot of cover for the babies because we
just redid the pond this spring. The pond...
Forum: Ponds (moderated) 03-06-2008, 01:18 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By Henry & Carolyn
spawning

How many days do they keep going at it? I'm afraid they are gonna kill
themselves from exhaustion!!

Forum: Ponds (moderated) 02-06-2008, 03:19 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By Henry & Carolyn
spawning

I think I saw my koi and goldfish spawning this morning. A lot of tail
flipping near the surface. The last few mornings the pond has been covered
with white foam and looks almost oily. Would that...
Forum: Ponds (moderated) 17-05-2008, 03:10 PM
Replies: 22
Posted By Henry & Carolyn
raccoon war

We went camping once and wedged our cooler under the seat of a picnic table,
figured the little buggers couldn't get the lid open and get in that way.
We got back to the camp and the hotdog buns...
Forum: Ponds (moderated) 27-02-2008, 02:53 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Henry & Carolyn
frozen pond

Thanks Andy, but we had a cold frame over it to begin with. It's just
because the pump quit.
Without any movement of the water, it froze.
"adavisus" wrote in...
Forum: Ponds (moderated) 25-02-2008, 03:04 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Henry & Carolyn
frozen pond

Thanks, but I meant that most of the pond was frozen, some fish included,
not just the surface! At any rate, hubby got some of the ice off and
rescued some fish, including our 4 large koi! They...
Forum: Ponds (moderated) 22-02-2008, 06:35 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Henry & Carolyn
frozen pond

Hubby just discovered that our pond pump quit and pond is frozen. I've
heard people had that happen before and fish still survived. Is there any
possibility of that?
Carolyn
Forum: Ponds (moderated) 22-11-2007, 03:09 PM
Replies: 32
Posted By Henry & Carolyn
15 inch deep enough for winte in Michigan?

You can also cover the pond with a heavy plastic like we do. We make a
rough frame of 2x4's over the pond at drape the plastic over that. We do
all this and live is SW Ontario and the pond has...
Forum: Lawns 30-09-2007, 10:33 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Henry & Carolyn
Laundry problem

I hope there is someone on here that can help. I don't know where else to
find the solution. When they tried to iron on a name tag on my mom's
sweater at the nursing home, the iron was too hot...
Forum: Lawns 05-07-2007, 12:52 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By Henry & Carolyn
flower mats

Has anyone ever tried those flower mats, those things you roll out that have
seeds in them and you just water? Just wondering if they really work out.
Carolyn
Forum: Lawns 03-06-2007, 02:07 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Henry & Carolyn
White fuzz

We have that flying fuzz too and it really clogs up your air conditioners
too.

Forum: Ponds (moderated) 11-05-2007, 03:57 PM
Replies: 26
Posted By Henry & Carolyn
How old is your oldest fish?

Not sure exactly, but I think our pond is over 10 years old, and we still
have some of the original goldfish! They were supposed to be feeder
goldfish that my dad bought at a petshop, but many...
Forum: Lawns 11-05-2007, 02:38 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Henry & Carolyn
strawberries

My husband sprayed my mom's strawberry plants with Round-up, but we were
hoping to keep them, they are almost ready to start producing. If we washed
the Round-up off, and they still survive, would...
Forum: Ponds (moderated) 07-05-2007, 03:43 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Henry & Carolyn
alum

How do you remove the sludge without emptying the whole pond?

it would be better to clean the sludge...
Forum: Ponds (moderated) 07-05-2007, 03:42 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Henry & Carolyn
alum

The water isn't so much green, but murky. Not clear.

On Sat, 5 May 2007 08:43:20 CST, "Henry &...
Forum: Ponds (moderated) 06-05-2007, 02:27 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Henry & Carolyn
alum

Not sure about the pH, haven't tested that yet. There is a lot of sludge in
my mom's pond. It's twice as big as ours, with less fish, and ours is
clear.

Forum: Ponds (moderated) 05-05-2007, 03:43 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Henry & Carolyn
alum

When do you start putting alum in the pond? Do you have to wait for the
water to warm up?
Carolyn
Forum: Ponds (moderated) 03-05-2007, 02:55 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Henry & Carolyn
frogs or toads?

bUMPY
wrote in message
toadpoles.......

On Wed, 2 May 2007 16:05:53 CST, "Smitty" ...
Forum: Ponds (moderated) 02-05-2007, 03:11 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Henry & Carolyn
frogs or toads?

We heard a loud hum coming from my mom's pond. We saw a pair of frogs
mating. But they look more like toads. Do toads mate in water? Or are
they a different type of frog? Also, I didn't think...
Forum: Ponds (moderated) 13-04-2007, 03:29 PM
Replies: 18
Posted By Henry & Carolyn
Scared fish, string algae and thank you for moderating

I would think it was the heron. Our pond is also in a small fenced-in yard,
in a corner, with a large tree branching over it. Never thought we would
ever see a heron in our yard. But one morning...
Forum: Ponds (moderated) 28-03-2007, 02:38 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By Henry & Carolyn
sitting out by the pond

What exactly is a "bucket" filter? Do you just put a bucket with filter
material in the pond, or is there a pump attached to it?

Forum: Lawns 02-10-2006, 11:38 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Henry & Carolyn
tom cats

Thanks, but that's illegal :-))

Ugh, tom cats keep spraying our dining room window, where our...
Forum: Lawns 02-10-2006, 01:34 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Henry & Carolyn
tom cats

Ugh, tom cats keep spraying our dining room window, where our cat looks
outside. What can we use to get rid of the smell and what can we use to
repel them?
TIA
Showing results 1 to 25 of 30

Forum Jump