GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Where are my pears (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/101374-where-my-pears.html)

User Example 15-08-2005 03:00 AM

Where are my pears

I have a little pear tree in my back yard. This is it's 3rd year since
I bought it at Home Depot. The first year there was nothing on it.
Last year it was full of pears. So many that some of the branches
broke. This year, nothing. Not one. Not even a bloom. What's up with
that?

Bourne Identity 16-08-2005 12:04 AM

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 02:00:16 GMT, User Example
wrote:

I have a little pear tree in my back yard. This is it's 3rd year since
I bought it at Home Depot. The first year there was nothing on it.
Last year it was full of pears. So many that some of the branches
broke. This year, nothing. Not one. Not even a bloom. What's up with
that?

That's the way of fruit trees. Last year I had 15 bushels of peaches,
this year what I had was a huge mess of catfaced peaches, with brown
rot. More smelly plopping peaches than anything else. I may have
eaten a dozen.

Next year, better peaches. Better pears.