GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   hostas (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/104345-hostas.html)

Scott Studier 07-09-2005 01:23 AM

hostas

I'm interested in planting hostas in my shaded backyard in Corpus Christi.
I have little experience with them. Any suggestions on growing, buying, and
propagating would be appreciated.

Cliff 07-09-2005 03:11 PM

I think you need to move about 800 miles further north.

.. .

Chris 07-09-2005 08:56 PM

Odd that you say that. I've got a hosta that I planted outside next to my
garage about maybe 3 years ago. I don't pay any attention to it yet it just
grows crazy. It even puts off flowers on stalks each year. It mostly dies
off in the winter but comes back bigger every spring. Maybe it's a mutant.
;)

Granted it's not huge (3' wide circle and about 3'-4' tall) but it's
certainly growing happily. Oh, and it's mostly shaded.
Chris

. ..