Old 26-09-2005, 04:15 PM

Default What Grass-Ground Cover to Plant Right Now

I just finished putting in a very large irrigation system tied into my
well. Needless to say, there's a lot of bare dirt/cloyingly sticky
when muddy. I think it's too late to replace the dead St.Augustine
this year, but I'd like something to grow over the winter. Lots of
shade in a heavily treed lot.

I thought about something like winter rye, but I don't know squat
about this subject.

Suggestions?
Old 26-09-2005, 07:32 PM
Robbin

I would just plant the St. Augustine if that's what you already have. There
is still two or more months until first freeze. That should get it started
and then the roots will continue establishing themselves over the winter.