Old 19-03-2003, 02:32 AM
CP

Default Rosemary problem

Hello Austin gardeners,

Hope you are all enjoying the nice Spring weather and the blue bonnets that
have started to bloom...

Now to the question - I have a nice upright rosemary bush in my front yard
which was doing fine until now. All of a sudden the center of the plant seem
to have turned brown in color. The surrounding plant still looks very
healthy with lavender blooms. Can anyone tell me what is happening and how
to fix the problem?

Thanks a lot in advance.

CP

Old 19-03-2003, 11:08 PM
Carol Adams

I'm not sure what's happening, but I've had this happen too. The plant in
question is now more than 10 years old and has always recovered. I've just
pruned away the dead-looking stuff because it was unsightly, and the plant
went on to put on plenty of new growth. However, on my plant the
dead-looking stuff was interspersed with healthy growth. If this is the case
with your plant, I'd say just prune away the dead stuff and it should come
back. Rosemaries are pretty hardy, but if your plant froze when we had the
ice storm this spring, that may be a factor too.

carol

. ..

Old 20-03-2003, 04:08 AM
Jay Bird

Unfortunately I believe this is the natural life cycle of the plant. When
mine finally gave up the ghost it was around 10 years old. It had gone into
a slow decline for a couple of years.

. ..

Rosemary problem BeeCee Gardening 8 27-11-2007 05:14 PM
Ailing Rosemary Officianis RichardS United Kingdom 13 26-03-2003 11:08 AM
[IBC] Rosemary Claudio Fierro Bonsai 11 21-03-2003 02:56 PM
Rosemary mold/mildew? Jack Curry Edible Gardening 5 12-03-2003 03:56 PM
Planting new rosemary bush/shrub Anita Blanchard Gardening 1 04-02-2003 09:16 PM