Old 21-03-2003, 01:56 AM
Karen

Default Lucky bamboo?

Hope Munro Smith wrote in
. 83:
I buy mine at Howard's nursery. The price will depend on how
long it is and whether it's straight or curly. What is a betta,
btw?

It's a Siamese fighting fish. They are blue or red (like mine) or
gold, and are comfortable being in confined areas.

Karen
Old 21-03-2003, 02:20 AM
seller

"Hope Munro Smith" wrote in message
. 83...
Karen wrote in news:Xns934472A987B50karennonecom@
24.28.95.150:

Does anyone know where I can buy some of this for pretty cheap?
(Under $5 would be best.)

I did a favor for someone and in return they gave me a betta; I'd
like to to put it in a vase with some Lucky Bamboo.

Karen

I buy mine at Howard's nursery. The price will depend on how long it is
and whether it's straight or curly. What is a betta, btw?

A betta is a fish and contrary to popular belief they are not happy eating
plant roots. They're carnivorous and need proper food.

http://www.bettasrus.com/faq/basic_care.htm

Old 21-03-2003, 03:44 AM
Robbin

"seller" wrote in message
. ..
A betta is a fish and contrary to popular belief they are not happy eating
plant roots. They're carnivorous and need proper food.

http://www.bettasrus.com/faq/basic_care.htm

I didn't take it that the poster wanted the Betta to eat the bamboo.
Probably more like the bamboo is just something else in the bowl as a point
of interest. I hadn't thought of it, but something like that could make a
nice arrangement. Doesn't seem like it would hurt the fish as long as he was
kept fed. Could make it a little harder to change the water though.

Old 24-03-2003, 06:56 PM
animaux

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003 01:21:28 GMT, "seller" wrote:

A betta is a fish and contrary to popular belief they are not happy eating
plant roots. They're carnivorous and need proper food.

http://www.bettasrus.com/faq/basic_care.htm

I was in Walmart last week, the death chamber for Betta's, and this woman was buying
two of them to put into a tiny bowl at work. Not only will they kill each other, but
she said her mother has one and she never, ever feeds it.

Amazing the stupidity out there. Boggles the mind.

We have an aquarium and we have about 10 fish in it. Sure, we could put more in
there, but why? I don't even like having a fish tank because of the confined
feeling to the fish. At least they are tiny tetras.
Old 24-03-2003, 11:08 PM
John T. Jarrett

My wife's picked up several for me on her trips to Wal-Mart lately.

Side note: my sister-in-law works in their cash office. She said they are
getting two trucks of plants per day just to keep up. And on Saturday
morning, they did $30,000 in plant sales alone.

Wow.

--

John T. Jarrett
http://logontexas.com

Old 27-03-2003, 10:56 AM
animaux

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003 22:36:03 -0500, Steve Wertz wrote:

*Good* Answer! Louie Anderson-Style

I miss my cat.

-sw sigh - blushing

We dearly miss our dog and two cats who all died in the same year at 15. Now we have
fish, and the most amazing Hahn's macaw, who will clearly outlive us! No more pet
funerals. Then again, I may cave and get a puppy eventually. If I had room, I'd
have geese, potbelly pigs, llamas, goats, sheep, giraffes...you name it. I'd have
it.

Victoria

What's wrong with my lucky bamboo? Alwyn Williams United Kingdom 2 18-07-2007 12:17 PM
Lucky bamboo at Hong Kong market Hope Munro Smith Texas 15 27-05-2003 09:20 PM
Lucky Bamboo Merrill Speeter Gardening 18 15-04-2003 01:32 PM
Lucky bamboo? Karen Texas 23 05-04-2003 12:11 PM
Lucky Bamboo Indoor Plant TheresaKyn Bamboo 1 10-03-2003 09:24 AM