Old 08-02-2006, 04:53 AM posted to austin.gardening
Scott Richardson

Default I-Bomb

I have white flies on my nicotiana and fushia that I winter over in a south
window. They do great. Southern Minnesota. Trouble is I also do great
raising swarms of white flies.
I bought the green can of I-Bomb and it doesn't squirt out a mist of a
spray. Instead, I get a jet stream of white foam. I shake it very well and
it doesn't seem to help.
Also, I am not too sure this stuff does any good on the white flies. I
suppose it is a contact insecticide and the bugs are on the under side of
the leaves.
What do I do about the spray and about the whiteflies. Hope I don't have
to throw out the plants. Had them each for three or four years. This year
the bugs have been particularly bad.

Help!!
Scott in Austin MN

Old 08-02-2006, 02:27 PM posted to austin.gardening
Victor Martinez

Scott Richardson wrote:
Scott in Austin MN

Dude, this newsgroup is about gardening in Austin, Texas.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old 08-02-2006, 05:26 PM posted to austin.gardening
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article ,
"Scott Richardson" wrote:

I have white flies on my nicotiana and fushia that I winter over in a south
window. They do great. Southern Minnesota. Trouble is I also do great
raising swarms of white flies.
I bought the green can of I-Bomb and it doesn't squirt out a mist of a
spray. Instead, I get a jet stream of white foam. I shake it very well and
it doesn't seem to help.
Also, I am not too sure this stuff does any good on the white flies. I
suppose it is a contact insecticide and the bugs are on the under side of
the leaves.
What do I do about the spray and about the whiteflies. Hope I don't have
to throw out the plants. Had them each for three or four years. This year
the bugs have been particularly bad.

Help!!
Scott in Austin MN

I just use Pyrethrin spray from Lowe's...
It's labeled for use on pets.

I did in the mealy bugs that were going after my agave in the greenhouse
this winter. ;-)
--
Peace, Om.

Old 08-02-2006, 06:13 PM posted to austin.gardening
Timothy

On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 21:53:07 -0600, Scott Richardson wrote:

I have white flies on my nicotiana and fushia that I winter over in a
south window. They do great. Southern Minnesota. Trouble is I also do
great raising swarms of white flies.
I bought the green can of I-Bomb and it doesn't squirt out a mist of a
spray. Instead, I get a jet stream of white foam. I shake it very well and
it doesn't seem to help.
Also, I am not too sure this stuff does any good on the white flies. I
suppose it is a contact insecticide and the bugs are on the under side of
the leaves.
What do I do about the spray and about the whiteflies. Hope I don't
have
to throw out the plants. Had them each for three or four years. This year
the bugs have been particularly bad.

Help!!
Scott in Austin MN

I would suggest that you look at Concern insect killing soap. It does a
fair job at killing them off. Combined with the use of a sticky trap, you
can control them.

http://www.saferbrand.com/articles/whiteflies.htm

--
http://resources.ywgc.com/photo/
Old 08-02-2006, 10:31 PM posted to austin.gardening
Elliot Richmond

On Tue, 7 Feb 2006 21:53:07 -0600, "Scott Richardson"
wrote:

I have white flies on my nicotiana and fushia that I winter over in a south
window. They do great. Southern Minnesota. Trouble is I also do great
raising swarms of white flies.

Way down south here in the other Austin, I have had good luck with
dormant oil. However, that was on outdoor plants. I do not how it
would work or even how to apply it on indoor plants. White flies are
tricky, because they seem to have a sort of waxy coating. That is why
soap- or oil-based treatments work better.

It is 71 F right now here in Austin. Texas. How is it in Austin,
Minnesota?

Elliot Richmond
Freelance Science Writer and Editor

Old 09-02-2006, 05:26 AM posted to austin.gardening
Scott Richardson

Well, that explains the "Austin" in the title of the newsgroup. Its getting
down to 3 below tonight, but the moon is out and there is no wind. Could be
worse.
My golfing buddy just retired and he and his wife are spending 3 months
this winter in Austin, Texas (daughter lives there.) He likes it so far. My
daughter has visited there and loved the City. Some day I'll visit Texas.

Thanks for all the advice.

Scott in Austin MN

Old 10-02-2006, 07:39 PM posted to austin.gardening
Elliot Richmond

Default Repeated messages ( I-Bomb)

On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 07:27:37 -0600, Victor Martinez
wrote:

Scott Richardson wrote:
Scott in Austin MN

Dude, this newsgroup is about gardening in Austin, Texas.

Hi,

Is anybody but me seeing old messages like this one reappearing again
a few days later. It is happening to me in all the news groups I
read, so it may be a problem with my settings or my ISP (Roadrunner).

Just wondering.

Old 13-02-2006, 07:03 PM posted to austin.gardening
Victor Martinez

Latosha Washington wrote:
Says who?

The group description?

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old 13-02-2006, 07:57 PM posted to austin.gardening
Cuz

Victor Martinez wrote:
|| Scott Richardson wrote:
||| Scott in Austin MN
|| Dude, this newsgroup is about gardening in Austin, Texas.

If you are incharge of keep things on topic,
you a **** poor job.

Old 16-02-2006, 05:56 PM posted to austin.gardening
Treedweller

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 18:57:10 GMT, "Cuz" wrote:

Victor Martinez wrote:
|| Scott Richardson wrote:
||| Scott in Austin MN
|| Dude, this newsgroup is about gardening in Austin, Texas.

If you are incharge of keep things on topic,
you a **** poor job.

Condolences, Victor, on your bad review. I guess you'll just have to
take solace in the fact that you can write complete sentences. And
read the group charter.

Old 26-06-2015, 05:14 AM
Registered User

you might want to check out this awesome site https://twitter.com/davidselakovic2