GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   squirrels / bird feeder solution (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/12008-squirrels-bird-feeder-solution.html)

tom 28-03-2003 02:20 PM

squirrels / bird feeder solution

I got a product last weekend at Home Depot that said 'stop fighting the
squirrels and feed them' or something like that. It was only about five
bucks so I decided to give it a try. Seems to work! Not sure how good it
is for the squirrels health... I believe it's made out of processed corn and
syrup.

If you want to give it a try it was close to the bird food at our local
HD... it looks like corn on the cob.

Robbin 05-04-2003 12:11 PM

squirrels / bird feeder solution

"tom" wrote in message
. ..

I got a product last weekend at Home Depot that said 'stop fighting the
squirrels and feed them' or something like that. It was only about five
bucks so I decided to give it a try. Seems to work! Not sure how good it
is for the squirrels health... I believe it's made out of processed corn

and
syrup.

If you want to give it a try it was close to the bird food at our local
HD... it looks like corn on the cob.

No offense, but the last thing we need to be doing is feeding the squirrels
and allowing them to raise more offspring. They can really be a nuisance
without having any predators here in the city. They eat enough of my pecans
as it is!

Karen 05-04-2003 12:11 PM

squirrels / bird feeder solution

"Robbin" wrote in
:
No offense, but the last thing we need to be doing is feeding
the squirrels and allowing them to raise more offspring. They
can really be a nuisance without having any predators here in
the city. They eat enough of my pecans as it is!

Do coyotes eat squirrels?

Karen

tom 05-04-2003 12:11 PM

squirrels / bird feeder solution

"Robbin" wrote in message

"tom" wrote in message
. ..

I got a product last weekend at Home Depot that said 'stop fighting the
squirrels and feed them' or something like that. It was only about five
bucks so I decided to give it a try. Seems to work! Not sure how good

it
is for the squirrels health... I believe it's made out of processed corn

and
syrup.

If you want to give it a try it was close to the bird food at our local
HD... it looks like corn on the cob.

No offense, but the last thing we need to be doing is feeding the

squirrels
and allowing them to raise more offspring. They can really be a nuisance
without having any predators here in the city. They eat enough of my

pecans
as it is!

Agree, but I haven't been able to keep them out of the bird seed... so
either way I'm feeding them. I'd rather just provide their own food so the
birds can have food too.

WSZsr 05-04-2003 12:11 PM

squirrels / bird feeder solution

Try these. I have three and no squirrel has ever solved their mystery.
http://www.heritagefarms.biz/

"tom" wrote in message
. ..
"Robbin" wrote in message