GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hail ! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/12162-hail.html)

Terry Horton 29-03-2003 08:08 AM

Hail !

Anyone else get hit? How are your plants? I'm trying to put off
looking at mine....

Texensis 29-03-2003 08:44 AM

Hail !

"Terry Horton" wrote in message
| Anyone else get hit? How are your plants? I'm trying to put off
| looking at mine....

Close-in south Austin: very briefly before the true downpour opened
up. Not really any damage noticed.

Wayfarer 29-03-2003 10:32 AM

Hail !

Northwest Austin (620 & 183 area) -- we got pea size hail for about 10
minutes -- no damage.

--
Marta
(if you email me directly you need to remove the X )

Terry Horton 29-03-2003 11:44 AM

Hail !

On Wed, 26 Mar 2003 17:18:06 GMT, Elliot Richmond
wrote:

On Wed, 26 Mar 2003 14:21:24 GMT, (Terry
Horton) wrote:

Anyone else get hit? How are your plants? I'm trying to put off
looking at mine....

We got a heavy dose of pea to marble sized hail.It was piled up an
inch or so deep in my yard in the Oak Hill area.

Same storm that hit us here off SW Parkway. Nasty magenta on the
weather radar, looked like it was going southeast then hooked left and
barreled through here headed northeast. Mostly dime to nicel-sized
hail, lasting about 15 minutes.

From what I gathered this morning looks like the damage was light
(thank goodness we brought in the tropicals) Some leaves scattered
around, but not much else.

Elliot Richmond 05-04-2003 11:11 AM

Hail !

Horton) wrote:

Anyone else get hit? How are your plants? I'm trying to put off
looking at mine....

We got a heavy dose of pea to marble sized hail.It was piled up an
inch or so deep in my yard in the Oak Hill area. No damage that I can
tell, but it's pretty hard to damamge a WEED!!!!

I have got to get out and work in my yard. :-|

E.

Elliot Richmond
Freelance Science Writer and Editor