GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Horseradish (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/123759-horseradish.html)

[email protected] 22-02-2006 02:47 AM

Horseradish

Hello all! Recently stumbled upon this group.

I want to grow Horseradish this year. Where can I purchase some? I'm
in RR and hopefully can find somewhere close without having to drive to
Austin.

While I'm thinking of it....any Purple Martin landlords in the group?

Thanks

Dave S(Texas)

Cliff 22-02-2006 03:05 AM

Horseradish

I tried some a few years ago and didn't have much luck. I don't think it
likes the hot weather. You can usually get some roots at any HEB or other
produce store.

Cliff

[email protected] 23-02-2006 01:26 PM

Horseradish

Thanks Cliff

I checked heb yesterday, nope. I'll check ABs/Walmart for the root. I
may just buy the root when I need it and save garden space. Tomato goes
in ground today. Onions/garlic/beets/radish/carrot all growing nicely.
Spring is creepin' up!

Dave S

Victor Martinez 23-02-2006 01:38 PM

Horseradish

wrote:
may just buy the root when I need it and save garden space. Tomato goes
in ground today. Onions/garlic/beets/radish/carrot all growing nicely.

It's probably too early for tomatoes to go in the ground...

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Email me he

OmManiPadmeOmelet 23-02-2006 02:17 PM

Horseradish

In article ,
wrote:

Thanks Cliff

I checked heb yesterday, nope. I'll check ABs/Walmart for the root. I
may just buy the root when I need it and save garden space. Tomato goes
in ground today. Onions/garlic/beets/radish/carrot all growing nicely.
Spring is creepin' up!

Dave S

Watch out! It can freeze as late as mid-March.

Try Fiesta for fresh horseradish roots?
--
Peace, Om.

OmManiPadmeOmelet 23-02-2006 02:17 PM

Horseradish

In article ,
Victor Martinez wrote:

wrote:
may just buy the root when I need it and save garden space. Tomato goes
in ground today. Onions/garlic/beets/radish/carrot all growing nicely.

It's probably too early for tomatoes to go in the ground...

Agreed.

Last week in March or first week in April is when I put them in.
--
Peace, Om.

[email protected] 24-02-2006 01:35 PM

Horseradish

I C...well I appreciate your concern and opinion. I've been gardening
for plus-50yrs and have a pretty-good idea about what I'm doing. Unless
a hard-freeze that extends for a week/more comes, protecting a plant is
simple enough.....of course, I'm certainly no expert. I'm runnin' low
on time....

Dave