GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   brugmansia question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/12674-brugmansia-question.html)

Nick 02-04-2003 09:56 AM

brugmansia question

I planted a 3-4' Angels Trumpet last fall and loved it. It bloomed
multiple times, but didn't seem to to make it through the winter. Many
of the upper branches I pruned off due to how dry it was, but closer to
the base I noticed there was a lot of moisture underneath the skin, and
if you would rub the skin it would expose soft underbark. I have left
it alone and planted a new sibling nearby it, but didn't want to pull it
up since there seemed to be some moisture. Looking for any
comments or suggestions you might have, I would call myself a a gardener
with probably only a couple years experience

Thanks
Nick

animaux 02-04-2003 02:56 PM

brugmansia question

If you nic the base and its green, it may still leaf out. I used to dig mine
each year and bring them into the greenhouse. Not I dug them and put them in 30
gallon pots and will never put them in the ground. Mine are about 8 feet tall
now.

If they will emerge, it wont be till soil is at least 70 degrees or better.