Old 05-04-2003, 12:08 PM
Peter Imes

Default lantana troubles

Hi, I just planted 12 lantana plants yesterday. They all looked perfectly
healthy at the time, but today they look completely wilted and the blossoms
that were so pretty yesterday are completely burnt. My understanding was
that these are hearty plants that take a lot of sun. The soil is not great,
but I added compost to it about a week before planting. I watered them
pretty good last night to try to get them established. Any ideas? Obviously,
I am new to gardening so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Peter

Old 05-04-2003, 12:08 PM
Leona Henderson

Peter Imes wrote:

Hi, I just planted 12 lantana plants yesterday. They all looked perfectly
healthy at the time, but today they look completely wilted and the blossoms
that were so pretty yesterday are completely burnt. My understanding was
that these are hearty plants that take a lot of sun. The soil is not great,
but I added compost to it about a week before planting. I watered them
pretty good last night to try to get them established. Any ideas? Obviously,
I am new to gardening so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Peter

Did wet the root balls well, being sure that they are moist
all through, with no dry areas and pour water in the hole
you made for them and let the water setle, and loosed the
root ball and mix some of the soil fro the root ball with
the soil in the hole? and firm the soil around them then a
light watering to ease out air holes? This helps if this is
done.
If this hasn;t been done, you may want to take them back up
and redo them and mauy be able to salvage them.
--
nTX USDA Z 7B
Leona

English Ivy Troubles wronp Texas 1 05-03-2005 06:49 PM
Potato troubles...? Kenneth Gardening 2 28-07-2004 04:02 PM
Potato troubles...? Kenneth Gardening 6 27-07-2004 04:04 AM
trimmer and chain-saw tune-up troubles Lawrence Johnson Lawns 2 08-05-2004 06:46 PM
Araceae Plant Troubles David Young Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 20-04-2003 07:16 AM