GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Help in removing Star of David Bulbs in Yard (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/13491-help-removing-star-david-bulbs-yard.html)

GoatDaddy 05-04-2003 11:08 AM

Help in removing Star of David Bulbs in Yard

I have a whole two acres in the Elgin area that is overgrown with the Star
of David flower which when dug up is like an onion bulb. It is not an onion
but it is deadly for goats . I have lost two already . How do I get rid
of this wild plant. The flower is lovely but when the pet goats graze on
in which some do they die a few weeks later. Help is needed.

Steve Wertz 05-04-2003 11:08 AM

GoatDaddy wrote:

I have a whole two acres in the Elgin area that is overgrown with the Star
of David flower which when dug up is like an onion bulb. It is not an onion
but it is deadly for goats . I have lost two already . How do I get rid
of this wild plant. The flower is lovely but when the pet goats graze on
in which some do they die a few weeks later. Help is needed.

There's some serious religious implications of a plant called Star of David
killing goats. Yikes.

-sw

john 05-04-2003 11:08 AM

Help in removing Star of David Bulbs in Yard

Goat,

You can get commercial grade Round-Up to spray the flowers. The weed
killer you get from local stores isn't strong enough to kill much. 2
gallons which will make about 100-150 gallons of round-up depending on the
potency of your mixture.

I would recommend getting a motor operated sprayer that can be pulled
behind an ATV.