Old 05-04-2003, 11:08 AM
Route Man

Default Where is a good place to buy Tree's?

I am looking for three or four 15' to 20' trees for a new home, not sure of
the type yet, but some type of Oak, Pecan or Maple.

Don

Old 05-04-2003, 11:08 AM
Whit

I heard of a tree farm near webberville, but google didn't come up with
much.

I'd call Great Outdoors and ask them.

Or one of these might help...

http://www.growit.com/plants/growers/CN/435.htm

Old 05-04-2003, 11:08 AM
Dave-tx

On Mon, 21 Oct 2002 23:12:47 GMT, Route Man wrote:
I am looking for three or four 15' to 20' trees for a new home, not sure of
the type yet, but some type of Oak, Pecan or Maple.

I bought a pair of pecan trees at the pecan "farm" out east on 290 (I
*think* that's where it was...?). They've been planted for 3 years
now, and are doing wonderfully. Get a pretty good number of pecans
for such young trees.

The trees were inexpensive and quite healthy when I bought them.
There were, however, a bitch to get home, as they were taller than my
truck is long - it was an adventure that I'd rather not re-live,
but well worth the effort.

Old 05-04-2003, 11:08 AM
d.tilson

"John T. Jarrett" wrote:

Just head out 290 towards Bastrop and watch for the Pecan stand that is
really a building on the left before you get to the light that is right
before Bastrop...

In that case, you probably mean "Berdoll's Pecan Farm". (512) 303-6157

And, let me warn you, if you go out 290, you ain't *ever* gonna get to
Bastrop, you need to go out 71 past the airport!

Dale
Old 05-04-2003, 11:08 AM
John T. Jarrett

Jeez...wow...what's that about always reading your post before sending it?

:)

--

John T. Jarrett
http://logontexas.com

Old 05-04-2003, 11:08 AM
animaux

As long as you don't say nukeular or INsurance, you're okay!