Old 05-04-2003, 11:08 AM
lester

Default Testing Posting Ability

Pardon the test to see if the posting is working OK.
Old 05-04-2003, 11:08 AM
LYNN FORRES

in case anyone wants to know, I have posted replays to questions and have
never seen my responses posted - just thought maybe this group was very
exclusive, selective, and restricted "outside" commentary........that's
interesting, but I do have decent contributions....and a lot of experience.
l.

"Victor M. Martinez" wrote in message
lester wrote:
Pardon the test to see if the posting is working OK.

No problem, but next time try alt.test

--
Victor M. Martinez | The University of Texas at Austin
| Department of Chemical Engineering
http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv | Austin, TX 78712
If we knew what we were doing it would not be called research, would it?

Old 05-04-2003, 11:08 AM
jamie

(posted and emailed)

LYNN FORRES wrote:
in case anyone wants to know, I have posted replays to questions and have
never seen my responses posted - just thought maybe this group was very
exclusive, selective, and restricted "outside" commentary........that's
interesting, but I do have decent contributions....and a lot of experience.

I see a handful of posts from you in the Google archive in
austin.gardening and austin.food, starting late August.
(If you're not familiar with searching the archives, the link is
http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search )

It seems to be a common accidental setting in Outlook Express, especially
when first setting up the news account, to mark your own posts as
already read, effectively killfiling yourself.

I don't use Outlook (or Windows) myself, so I can't tell you exactly where
in the Outlook menus you would find this, but look for it under "filters"
or "blocked senders" or possibly "bozo bin" in your newsgroup settings.

--
jamie )

"There's a seeker born every minute."

Old 05-04-2003, 11:08 AM
Leona Henderson

LYNN FORRES wrote:

in case anyone wants to know, I have posted replays to questions and have
never seen my responses posted - just thought maybe this group was very
exclusive, selective, and restricted "outside" commentary........that's
interesting, but I do have decent contributions....and a lot of experience.
l.

Lynn, I did a group search for 50 posts on Austin.gardens for author LYNN FORRES there were some
the

Testing Posting Ability
in case anyone wants to know, I have posted replays to questions and have never
seen my responses posted - just thought maybe this group was very ...
austin.gardening - Oct. 27, 2002 by LYNN FORRES - View Thread (4 articles)

water recycling
We are about to redo all our plumbing with a big home renovation job. Anyone have
comments on the merits of brown water runoff - dish machine, tub, shower ...
austin.gardening - Aug. 22, 2002 by LYNN FORRES - View Thread (8 articles)

new cement fish pond
I've just had a concrete pond formed and poured - 8'x8'x2'. I've been told the
concrete has to cure, and you have to leech out the lime. I think I ...
austin.gardening - Apr. 30, 2002 by LYNN FORRES - View Thread (2 articles)

those are all that came up from a requeat for 50 messages.

You might check yourself and see if all you wrote more than that. I suppose that a lot of folks are
like me in that they seldom respond to a post unless they know something about the querry. Or if it
is more or less a statement and doesn't seem to requite a response.
--
nTX USDA Z 7B
Leona
Old 05-04-2003, 11:08 AM
Leona Henderson

Leona Henderson wrote:

LYNN FORRES wrote:

in case anyone wants to know, I have posted replays to questions and have
never seen my responses posted - just thought maybe this group was very
exclusive, selective, and restricted "outside" commentary........that's
interesting, but I do have decent contributions....and a lot of experience.

..........snippppppppp....

You might check yourself and see if .. you wrote more than that. I suppose that a lot of folks are
like me in that they seldom respond to a post unless they know something about the querry. Or if it
is more or less a statement and doesn't seem to requirrrrrrrrrrre a response.
--
nTX USDA Z 7B
Leona

dangetty dang! there went my fingers again... I really think this computer is out to get me..I'm not
doing *ALL* those typos!!! it's my keyoard...

Old 05-04-2003, 11:09 AM
gary

So, it is REPLIES that you are having problems with, not posts in general?
Perhaps you are using the REPLY button instead of REPLY GROUP? That is the
button in OE you should use.

Also check VIEWCURRENT VIEW. If you have "Show Replies to my messages"
checked for a newsgroup, it will show ONLY replies to your posts and nothing
else. In the top part, make sure you have just "Show all messages" or "Hide
read messages" checked.

Try replying to this message or one of the others by using REPLY GROUP and
see what happens. If you do not have that button available, right click on
that tool bar, find it and move it over so it will be visible.

gary

m...