Old 05-04-2003, 11:08 AM
animaux

Default No Posts...slowing down

I'm just waiting for the rain to stop long enough to get some gardening done. I
have about 20 plants I bought for fall planting. Then I have to slowly carve
out some paths in the border, which is 100 feet wide, by 25 deep! I think paths
will give the beds a little more of a formal look, but the plantings are all
native plants and wildflowers. My bluebonnet seeds have germinated this week in
the ground, as well as poppies, nasturtium, nigella and a bunch of other seeds I
put in a week or so ago.

Fall and winter are the best times to garden in Austin.

On Sat, 26 Oct 2002 12:31:27 -0500, "John T. Jarrett" wrote:

Looks like the winter slow down in posts has begun!

Only gardening I plan on doing this weekend is carving pumpkins someone else
grew!

:)

Guess if I had some more potting soil I could work on the violets....

Old 05-04-2003, 11:08 AM
Steve Coyle

Hey John, saw your message:
Looks like the winter slow down in posts has begun!

Only gardening I plan on doing this weekend is carving pumpkins someone else
grew!

:)

Guess if I had some more potting soil I could work on the violets....

Could be the winter slowdown, but I would think that wouldn't have an
effect on the folks talking about accents and rolling boulders etc.
I heard on the news that there was a major hacker attack on the larger
servers and I've noticed all kinds of strange things on my e-mail
accounts and with some of the streaming data platforms we use.
I put a review of a book I read on genetically modified foods up on
my web site today and ran into problems I havn't experienced before.
I hope whatever the hacker attack entails gets sorted out soon.
I'll see how long it takes to get this message up on the board.

Steve Coyle
www.austingardencenter.com
Old 05-04-2003, 11:08 AM
Whit

Well, I planted ~85 pansies the day before we got hail in S. Austin,
most seem to have made it thru but I'd sure like a few dry days to help
them set roots. Got a couple banana trees also. I'm going to throw some
winter fescue seed out on the bare spots after while.

--

John T. Jarrett
http://logontexas.com

slowing dying hedges Don[_3_] Lawns 6 27-04-2007 01:12 AM
slowing a cordy stevej United Kingdom 6 18-05-2006 11:07 PM
Tomatoes look greatm but fruit-set is slowing down........ Anthony A. Edible Gardening 2 01-08-2005 10:05 PM
stopping/slowing hedge growth AL Gardening 5 07-07-2004 09:02 PM
co2 DIY slowing down...when to change bottle? Dave M. Picklyk Freshwater Aquaria Plants 17 20-04-2003 06:22 AM