GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tomato question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/13506-tomato-question.html)

Vanis 05-04-2003 11:08 AM

Tomato question

Hi,

1) I have a nice fall crop. 3 varieties. However, all this rain has me
worried. I don't want my tomatoes to split. Most are very large. My question
is, must I wait for a pinkish hue, before I can pick them? It doesn't seem
like we'll get much sun before Winter.

2) When I planted peppers, I laid down plenty of mulch. Clerk mentioned that
I needed to remove mulch in the Fall, 'twould cause too much Nitrogen. Or
something to that effect. Should I remove all my mulch, since water
retention is no longer a factor?

3) Can I keep (is it reusable) the mulch for my next planting season?

Thanks,