GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Mandevilla (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/13531-mandevilla.html)

gruber 05-04-2003 11:09 AM

Mandevilla

Will these guys survive Austin winters in the ground if well mulched?

Al Hanke 05-04-2003 11:09 AM

Mandevilla

I do not personally have any first hand experience with them but have known
people who had them. I don't think they are hardy. Those whom I have know
who had them brought them in for cold weather. If yours is planted in the
ground you should consider covering it before a freeze.

Al Hanke

"gruber" wrote in message
igy.com...
Will these guys survive Austin winters in the ground if well mulched?

Chrissie 05-04-2003 11:09 AM

Mandevilla

I live south of san antonio. I have them and cut them back and mulch the
heck out of them. They are slow coming up the next spring, but when they
do, they go like mad.
Good luck
chris