GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Just put down 10 pallets of Tiff Sod, what do I do now? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/13547-just-put-down-10-pallets-tiff-sod-what-do-i-do-now.html)

Route Man 05-04-2003 11:09 AM

Just put down 10 pallets of Tiff Sod, what do I do now?

I am watering it in and will roll it Saturday morning, is there any type of
fertilizer I should put down?

-D

Mr. Chaos 007 05-04-2003 11:09 AM

Just put down 10 pallets of Tiff Sod, what do I do now?

The better question would have been what do I do before I put it down?

Like add a good organic fertilizer to your tilled ground, maybe some great stuff Volcanite or better yet Nature's growth aid (both are volcanic sand with paramagnetic properties and is the hot new product for organic groundkeeping). Also I love Medina soil activator with Seaweed, to stimulate the micorganisms in the soil. You can also add microrganisms in a product locally made called Biozome. Also a really good fertilizer is alfalfa meal. Slow release, lower nitrogen, won't burn (very important for this time of year) since the grass is not growing much now. Also adds lots of minerals, important for healthy grass not easily attacked by pests.

But I guess all of that milk is spilled. You could still add these over the grass, but it would have been better mixed into the soil. I personnally am totally against chemical fertilizers and have never added it to my lawn and my lawn looks good and I do nothing but cut it!

Dave - Propeitor
Gardens of the Ancients Herb Emporium and Nursery

J Kolenovsky 05-04-2003 11:09 AM

Just put down 10 pallets of Tiff Sod, what do I do now?

Turfless alternatives - http://www.celestialhabitats.com,
http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/Dscn0181a.jpg

Route Man wrote:
=

I am watering it in and will roll it Saturday morning, is there any typ=

e of
fertilizer I should put down?
=

-D