GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Craftsman Chipper - Shredders (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/13577-craftsman-chipper-shredders.html)

J Kolenovsky 05-04-2003 11:10 AM

Craftsman Chipper - Shredders

I had an 8hp B&S I bought back in 1994. Kept it under service agreement
and it was replaced with a new one this week. Its a 8.5 hp Tecumseh. The
safety features and other things are nice, but I sure miss my B&S.
This Tecumseh is backfiring on low speed right out of the box. I can't
really complain about get a replacement, though.

On the other hand, I bought an Intek B&S 6.5 hp and that sucker runs!
-- =

J Kolenovsky, A+, Network +, MCP
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/reference.html

Freeda 05-04-2003 11:10 AM

Craftsman Chipper - Shredders

I got a new mower this summer and it came with a Tec It starts with a big
black cloud of smoke, runs rough when choked and stumbles until warmed up.
Then it's fine. Sounds like carb trouble doesn't it? I'll try and adjust it
this spring.

Fred

J Kolenovsky 05-04-2003 11:10 AM

Craftsman Chipper - Shredders

I was on an assignment last week and was talking to some guys who are
famliar with Tecumseh's and said they all idle bad but run great at high
speed. I wonder what happened to the high-efficiency egines that
manufacturers are supposed to be making these days?

=

In article , wrote:
I had an 8hp B&S I bought back in 1994. Kept it under service agreemen=

and it was replaced with a new one this week. Its a 8.5 hp Tecumseh. T=

he
safety features and other things are nice, but I sure miss my B&S.
This Tecumseh is backfiring on low speed right out of the box. I can't=

really complain about get a replacement, though.

On the other hand, I bought an Intek B&S 6.5 hp and that sucker runs!
-- =3D

J Kolenovsky, A+, Network +, MCP
=3DF4=3DBF=3DF4 -