GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   How do Leyland Cypress fare in Austin? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/13608-how-do-leyland-cypress-fare-austin.html)

Jer 05-04-2003 11:10 AM

How do Leyland Cypress fare in Austin?

I need a fast-growing screen and they are an attractive tree. However,
I have not seen many planted here and no bigger ones. I read in the
Sunset Garden Encylopedia that they are susceptable to some sort of
canker(virus, fungus?)
disease. Any advice? Any other ideas on plants for fast-growing
screen?

kn125 05-04-2003 11:10 AM

How do Leyland Cypress fare in Austin?

Article about how leylandii (Cupressocyparis Leylandii)in the UK had
to be cut down as they grow at great rates. It is even called the
"hedge from hell" in the UK.