Old 05-04-2003, 11:10 AM
Babberney

Default pet discouragement

saw a blurb in LM Boyd (the factoid column) recently that said
sprinkling coffee grounds in flower beds will keep dogs and cats out.
Anyone tried this? I'm curious if it really works.

For more info about the International Society of Arboriculture, please visit http://www2.champaign.isa-arbor.com/.
For consumer info about tree care, visit http://www2.champaign.isa-arbor.com/.../consumer.html
Old 05-04-2003, 11:11 AM
David H

Don't know about pets but earth worms love it. Try pecan shells. They have
sharp edges. Animal paws don't like this. Then sprinkle on small amount of
red pepper. one sniff of that gets em too. If these things don't work, try a
"fido shock". I've got one, they're not too expensive and work even on the
hard headed-est muts on earth. There's no dog pee on my tomatoe plants any
more! Electricity follows urine stream quite well. Dog never wants to pee
there again!
David H.
All Organic Lawn & Tree Service
NW Harris County

news:E3C289A8B7F1F679.F0573AB875681AFB.1ECCEDA3F9E ...

Old 05-04-2003, 11:11 AM
Laura M

I would be interested to know what would help, too. Just got a new "westie"
puppy from my son for Xmas. Need help to curb that digging trait. Thanks!

--
Laura Lu
"Babberney" wrote in message
news:E3C289A8B7F1F679.F0573AB875681AFB.1ECCEDA3F9E ...
saw a blurb in LM Boyd (the factoid column) recently that said
sprinkling coffee grounds in flower beds will keep dogs and cats out.
Anyone tried this? I'm curious if it really works.

For more info about the International Society of Arboriculture, please

visit http://www2.champaign.isa-arbor.com/.
For consumer info about tree care, visit

http://www2.champaign.isa-arbor.com/.../consumer.html

NEWBIE NEEDS YOUR HELP! Small town garden pet and child friendly plants venusmist Gardening 8 13-03-2009 07:14 AM
Responsible pet ownership (was nancy' pet) Jade Blackbourne Australia 2 03-09-2003 11:02 AM
pet fish Ghislain Ponds 5 28-08-2003 03:32 PM
Poisonous Toads and Your Pet Wayne Ponds 10 05-08-2003 04:21 AM
pet discouragement Laura M Texas 0 08-02-2003 06:29 PM