GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Herb Garden (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/13625-herb-garden.html)

Austin RR 05-04-2003 11:10 AM

Herb Garden

Hello...

I am starting a potted herb garden on my patio this year....

2 questions.
1. where is the best nursey to pick up plants and supplies?
2. When is the proper time to begin?

Thanks

Terry R. Grier 05-04-2003 11:10 AM

Herb Garden

What part of town is Natural Gardener in?

thanks for the replies....

Terry

"Victor M. Martinez" wrote in message
Austin RR wrote:
1. where is the best nursey to pick up plants and supplies?

Natural Gardener, Barton Springs Nursery, even Park Place Gardens.

2. When is the proper time to begin?

I'd wait until March.

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

kn125 05-04-2003 11:10 AM

Herb Garden

Austin RR wrote:
1. where is the best nursey to pick up plants and supplies?

Some herbs like coriander, fenugreek grow very well from seeds you can
get at grocery stores; the seeds tend to be a bit cheaper in the
grocery stores.

B.Server 05-04-2003 11:10 AM

Herb Garden

On Mon, 6 Jan 2003 23:53:43 +0000 (UTC), (Victor
M. Martinez) wrote:

Austin RR wrote:
1. where is the best nursey to pick up plants and supplies?

Natural Gardener, Barton Springs Nursery, even Park Place Gardens.

2. When is the proper time to begin?

I'd wait until March.

Also About Thyme. They often have less common herbs, such as Bay and
kaffir lime.

Elizabeth of the Tudor Tarts 05-04-2003 11:10 AM

Herb Garden

Garden of the Ancients - out off Parmer Ln. He starts his own seedlings and
grows them naturally. He also has a great knowledge of herbal medicinal
purposes. When you walk around the place, it just "feels" good.

--
Elizabeth of the Tudor Tarts
http://www.tudortarts.com/

d.tilson 05-04-2003 11:10 AM

Herb Garden

wrote in :
Garden of the Ancients - out off Parmer Ln. He starts his own
seedlings and grows them naturally. He also has a great
knowledge of herbal medicinal purposes. When you walk around
the place, it just "feels" good.

Can you give a more precise location? I can't find them on the web or
in Yahoo Yellow Pages.
--
Karen

Garden Of The Ancients, (512) 272-9062, 4800 Yager Ln, Manor, TX 78653

http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt...%A0Map=Get+Map

DT