GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pecaan shells needed (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/13644-pecaan-shells-needed.html)

bobwhite 05-04-2003 11:10 AM

Pecaan shells needed

I have a friend who wants to buy pecan shells for decorative mulch around
walk ways and stone fences.

When I say pecan shells, I mean a LOT of them. He thinks he needs 40 or
more cubic yards. I have no idea where he should look. I know they
raise a lot of pecans around Seguin, but don't know any companies by name.

Does anyone have any knowledge or suggestions?

Thanks, Bob

Gary Brady 05-04-2003 11:10 AM

Pecaan shells needed

Does anyone have any knowledge or suggestions?

There is a pecan processing operation on the way to College Station with
(literally) a mountain of pecan shells beside it. They probably have some to
spare.
Gary Brady
Austin, TX

bobwhite 05-04-2003 11:10 AM

Pecaan shells needed

"Gary Brady" wrote in message
Does anyone have any knowledge or suggestions?

There is a pecan processing operation on the way to College Station with
(literally) a mountain of pecan shells beside it. They probably have some

spare.
Gary Brady
Austin, TX

Thanks much, I'll pass the info on to him

Brian Martin 05-04-2003 11:10 AM

Pecaan shells needed

I would say try a place that shells them and he should be able to get all he
wants for free...or really cheap. I'm closer to Houston...but we have a
large veggie stand that shells pecans here. So maybe look for a veggie stand
in your area.
Hope that helps...
Lorraine
Waller