Old 05-04-2003, 12:11 PM
Tom Jones

Default decomposed vs crushed granite

What are the differences between decomposed and crushed granite and how do
the differences affect the use of the two materials?

I want to create a small area 20 x 40 feet that will serve as an outdoor
room. The current plan calls for 4 inches of which ever material laid over a
permeable weed barrier.

I can find crushed granite locally. It is very fine; the largest particles
are less than 1/4 inch in diameter and the smallest are sand-like.

The area has a gentle slope away from the house, so there should be no
drainage problem.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone with experience with these materials.

Thanks,

Old 05-04-2003, 12:11 PM
J Kolenovsky

http://www.colliermaterials.com/dgg.htm#decomposed granite2

Tom Jones wrote:
=

[...]

-- =

J. Kolenovsky, A+, Network +, MCP
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.celestialhabitats.com - commercial
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/personal.html

Will decomposed granite hold up to heavy wheeled garbage cans? [email protected] Lawns 1 23-03-2014 09:27 PM
FREE washed sand and crushed granite slugfest Texas 0 06-03-2004 11:18 PM
FREE washed sand and crushed granite slugfest Texas 0 06-03-2004 11:18 PM
Decomposed granite J Kolenovsky Texas 7 05-04-2003 12:10 PM
decomposed vs crushed granite Tom Jones Texas 1 21-02-2003 08:58 PM