Old 05-04-2003, 11:11 AM
Gilbert Garcia

Default Jerusalem artichoke?

Has anyone grown any of the sunflowers with edible rhysomes, the
Jerusalem artichoke or Maximillian sunflower? Are they available for
sale locally?

Old 05-04-2003, 11:11 AM
animaux

On Fri, 28 Feb 2003 04:34:06 GMT, Gilbert Garcia
wrote:

Has anyone grown any of the sunflowers with edible rhysomes, the
Jerusalem artichoke or Maximillian sunflower? Are they available for
sale locally?

I've grown Maxmillion, it's a perennial. Mine towers up to 10+ feet every year.
I bought it at Barton Springs Garden Center. I also bought a Jerusalem sage
just yesterday, but I don't think it's the plant with the edible rhizomes.
You'd have to check, since I'm sure Jerusalem Sage is a common name, not a
botanical name.

Victoria