Old 05-04-2003, 12:11 PM
sort

Default okay to buy plants at Red Barn after the freeze?

I got a discount postcard from Red Barn, and I want to buy shrubs. But =
I do not know if it is wise to buy plants after the freeze we just had. =
Or do you think I should post pone buying a plant until RB receives =
another shipment of shrubs?

I know NOTHING about buying shrubs, so that is why I am asking.
Old 05-04-2003, 12:11 PM
Karen

"sort" wrote in
:
I got a discount postcard from Red Barn, and I want to buy
shrubs. But I do not know if it is wise to buy plants after the
freeze we just had. Or do you think I should post pone buying a
plant until RB receives another shipment of shrubs?

I know NOTHING about buying shrubs, so that is why I am asking.

I'm way behind on reading this newsgroup, but I can't imagine what
the problem would be. I mean, don't buy anything dead! But other than
that, I don't think there should be a problem.

Karen

Old 05-04-2003, 12:11 PM
animaux

On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 00:34:41 GMT, Karen wrote:

"sort" wrote in
:
I got a discount postcard from Red Barn, and I want to buy
shrubs. But I do not know if it is wise to buy plants after the
freeze we just had. Or do you think I should post pone buying a
plant until RB receives another shipment of shrubs?

I know NOTHING about buying shrubs, so that is why I am asking.

I'm way behind on reading this newsgroup, but I can't imagine what
the problem would be. I mean, don't buy anything dead! But other than
that, I don't think there should be a problem.

Karen

For some reason I don't think I saw this message when it was first posted, but
the way to tell if a plant is still viable is to gently scratch the bark. If
it's green, it's just fine. Ask Redbarn what guarantee they give. If you are
going to buy shrubs which are common, I'd say to go to a box store, since they
guarantee plants for a year if you save your receipt. I put all my plant
receipts in an envelope and into the cabinet where I keep my fertilizer for
house plants, and such. I always know where they are. I have had to use my
guarantee only once.

Victoria