GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Best place to buy tomato plants, etc. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/13712-best-place-buy-tomato-plants-etc.html)

WSZsr 05-04-2003 11:11 AM

Best place to buy tomato plants, etc.

Where can I find a good selection of tomato plants and tomato growing
accessories?

Thanks

Hombre 05-04-2003 11:11 AM

Best place to buy tomato plants, etc.

In article ,
"WSZsr" wrote:

Where can I find a good selection of tomato plants and tomato growing
accessories?

Thanks

The Natural Gardener: Austin, 512-328-6655

Always a great variety of healthy plants.

Hombre

Victor M. Martinez 05-04-2003 11:11 AM

Hombre wrote:
The Natural Gardener: Austin, 512-328-6655
Always a great variety of healthy plants.

Do call ahead and inquire if you're looking for a particular variety. They
haven't had a couple of heirlooms I've been looking for in the past two
years. They do have great plants though and those really cool and sturdy,
albeit expensive tomato cages.

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

Terry Horton 05-04-2003 11:11 AM

Best place to buy tomato plants, etc.

On Sun, 02 Mar 2003 20:29:59 GMT, "WSZsr"
wrote:

Where can I find a good selection of tomato plants and tomato growing
accessories?

Marbridge Gardens has a pretty broad selection of veggies of all
kinds. Last year we bought some of their cherry tomato plants late in
the season just for the beautiful clusters of ripe fruit. :-)

Smokehouse Rules 05-04-2003 11:11 AM

Best place to buy tomato plants, etc.

"WSZsr" wrote in message
. ..
Where can I find a good selection of tomato plants and tomato growing
accessories?

Thanks

Howard Nursery, on Koenig/Northland/2222 over just west of IH-35.

Thursdays or Fridays are best. You can mix and match, instead of getting a
6-pack of all one varietal, the plants are larger and healthier than those
elsewhere, and the prices cannot be beat.

Really good people, too. My favorite nursery coming and going.