GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Mulch question..... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/13716-mulch-question.html)

will 05-04-2003 11:11 AM

Mulch question.....

Does anybody know of a place to get free mulch?

I know that the city does it in January every year, and I have heard
that several tree trimming companies give it away.......but I don't know
who actually runs their junk through a chipper and gives the mulch for
free.

Any help is appreciated.

=will=

animaux 05-04-2003 11:11 AM

Mulch question.....

Call the City of Austin, or Round Rock and ask them about their programs, if
any. I know Round Rock gives away free mulch. The problem with that is, you
have no way of knowing if the mulch is infected with oak wilt. I believe you
can buy a cubic yard of mulch for much less than you would think. Call around.