Old 05-04-2003, 11:11 AM
Karen

Default Lucky bamboo?

Does anyone know where I can buy some of this for pretty cheap?
(Under $5 would be best.)

I did a favor for someone and in return they gave me a betta; I'd
like to to put it in a vase with some Lucky Bamboo.

Karen
Old 05-04-2003, 11:11 AM
Hope Munro Smith

Karen wrote in news:Xns934472A987B50karennonecom@
24.28.95.150:

Does anyone know where I can buy some of this for pretty cheap?
(Under $5 would be best.)

I did a favor for someone and in return they gave me a betta; I'd
like to to put it in a vase with some Lucky Bamboo.

Karen

I buy mine at Howard's nursery. The price will depend on how long it is
and whether it's straight or curly. What is a betta, btw?
Old 05-04-2003, 11:11 AM
animaux

The Hong Kong Market on 183 in the Target shopping center. They sell stalks of it
for two dollars. It's not bamboo, but draceana, and they call it lucky bamboo.

Old 05-04-2003, 11:11 AM
Steve Wertz

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 17:16:04 GMT, Karen wrote:

Does anyone know where I can buy some of this for pretty cheap?
(Under $5 would be best.)

I did a favor for someone and in return they gave me a betta; I'd
like to to put it in a vase with some Lucky Bamboo.

I got 3 curly ones, about 12" each for $12 at the Flea Market on 290.
As someone else mention Hong Kong Market has them over there on the
glass cases (on the left as you walk in).

-sw

Old 05-04-2003, 11:11 AM
Hope Munro Smith

Steve Wertz wrote in
:

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 17:16:04 GMT, Karen wrote:

Does anyone know where I can buy some of this for pretty cheap?
(Under $5 would be best.)

I did a favor for someone and in return they gave me a betta; I'd
like to to put it in a vase with some Lucky Bamboo.

I got 3 curly ones, about 12" each for $12 at the Flea Market on 290.
As someone else mention Hong Kong Market has them over there on the
glass cases (on the left as you walk in).

-sw

Ok, that will be a lot cheaper than Howard's Nursery.

Old 05-04-2003, 11:11 AM
Karen

Hope Munro Smith wrote in
. 83:
I buy mine at Howard's nursery. The price will depend on how
long it is and whether it's straight or curly. What is a betta,
btw?

It's a Siamese fighting fish. They are blue or red (like mine) or
gold, and are comfortable being in confined areas.

Karen
Old 05-04-2003, 11:11 AM
seller

"Hope Munro Smith" wrote in message
. 83...
Karen wrote in news:Xns934472A987B50karennonecom@
24.28.95.150:

Does anyone know where I can buy some of this for pretty cheap?
(Under $5 would be best.)

I did a favor for someone and in return they gave me a betta; I'd
like to to put it in a vase with some Lucky Bamboo.

Karen

I buy mine at Howard's nursery. The price will depend on how long it is
and whether it's straight or curly. What is a betta, btw?

A betta is a fish and contrary to popular belief they are not happy eating
plant roots. They're carnivorous and need proper food.

http://www.bettasrus.com/faq/basic_care.htm

Old 05-04-2003, 11:11 AM
Robbin

"seller" wrote in message
. ..
A betta is a fish and contrary to popular belief they are not happy eating
plant roots. They're carnivorous and need proper food.

http://www.bettasrus.com/faq/basic_care.htm

I didn't take it that the poster wanted the Betta to eat the bamboo.
Probably more like the bamboo is just something else in the bowl as a point
of interest. I hadn't thought of it, but something like that could make a
nice arrangement. Doesn't seem like it would hurt the fish as long as he was
kept fed. Could make it a little harder to change the water though.

Old 05-04-2003, 11:11 AM
Karen

"seller" wrote in
:

"Hope Munro Smith" wrote in message
. 83...
Karen wrote in
news:Xns934472A987B50karennonecom@ 24.28.95.150:

Does anyone know where I can buy some of this for pretty
cheap? (Under $5 would be best.)

I did a favor for someone and in return they gave me a betta;
I'd like to to put it in a vase with some Lucky Bamboo.

Karen

I buy mine at Howard's nursery. The price will depend on how
long it is and whether it's straight or curly. What is a
betta, btw?

A betta is a fish and contrary to popular belief they are not
happy eating plant roots.

Did anyone suggest they were? I have food for it (though it's
really not eating much).

Karen
Old 05-04-2003, 11:11 AM
Hope Munro Smith

Karen wrote in
.158:

"seller" wrote in
:

"Hope Munro Smith" wrote in message
. 83...
Karen wrote in
news:Xns934472A987B50karennonecom@ 24.28.95.150:

Does anyone know where I can buy some of this for pretty
cheap? (Under $5 would be best.)

I did a favor for someone and in return they gave me a betta;
I'd like to to put it in a vase with some Lucky Bamboo.

Karen

I buy mine at Howard's nursery. The price will depend on how
long it is and whether it's straight or curly. What is a
betta, btw?

A betta is a fish and contrary to popular belief they are not
happy eating plant roots.

Did anyone suggest they were? I have food for it (though it's
really not eating much).

Karen

Thanks for the explanation! Haven't owned fish since I was a kid,
and probably never will again because they are just too much work plus they
don't sit in your lap and purr!

Old 05-04-2003, 11:11 AM
animaux

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003 01:21:28 GMT, "seller" wrote:

A betta is a fish and contrary to popular belief they are not happy eating
plant roots. They're carnivorous and need proper food.

http://www.bettasrus.com/faq/basic_care.htm

I was in Walmart last week, the death chamber for Betta's, and this woman was buying
two of them to put into a tiny bowl at work. Not only will they kill each other, but
she said her mother has one and she never, ever feeds it.

Amazing the stupidity out there. Boggles the mind.

We have an aquarium and we have about 10 fish in it. Sure, we could put more in
there, but why? I don't even like having a fish tank because of the confined
feeling to the fish. At least they are tiny tetras.
Old 05-04-2003, 11:11 AM
Hope Munro Smith

animaux wrote in
:

wrote:

A betta is a fish and contrary to popular belief they are not happy
eating plant roots. They're carnivorous and need proper food.

http://www.bettasrus.com/faq/basic_care.htm

I was in Walmart last week, the death chamber for Betta's, and this
woman was buying two of them to put into a tiny bowl at work. Not
only will they kill each other, but she said her mother has one and
she never, ever feeds it.

Amazing the stupidity out there. Boggles the mind.

Maybe someone should invent robotic fish for stupid people like this!

We have an aquarium and we have about 10 fish in it. Sure, we could
put more in there, but why? I don't even like having a fish tank
because of the confined feeling to the fish. At least they are tiny
tetras.

That's among the many reasons I don't have a fish tank. The others are
related to the general upkeep of the thing.

until soon, Hope
Old 05-04-2003, 11:11 AM
Steve Wertz

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003 16:06:15 +0000 (UTC), Hope Munro Smith
wrote:

Thanks for the explanation! Haven't owned fish since I was a kid,
and probably never will again because they are just too much work plus they
don't sit in your lap and purr!

*Good* Answer! Louie Anderson-Style

I miss my cat.

-sw sigh - blushing

Old 05-04-2003, 11:11 AM
Steve Wertz

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003 20:18:16 +0000 (UTC), Hope Munro Smith
wrote:

That's among the many reasons I don't have a fish tank. The others are
related to the general upkeep of the thing.

I don't keep fish because I don't think they're happy. Or sad.

shrug

-sw

Old 05-04-2003, 11:11 AM
Karen

animaux wrote in
:
I was in Walmart last week, the death chamber for Betta's,

I'm afraid that's where mine came from. Though it looks pretty
healthy.

Not only will they kill each other, but she said her
mother has one and she never, ever feeds it.

I can actually understand this. I don't think that mine has eaten
anything I've put in the water. My other fish go after the food,
but this one doesn't.

We have an aquarium and we have about 10 fish in it. Sure, we
could put more in there, but why? I don't even like having a
fish tank because of the confined feeling to the fish. At least
they are tiny tetras.

And they school! Sort of. I like schooling fish.

Karen

What's wrong with my lucky bamboo? Alwyn Williams United Kingdom 2 18-07-2007 11:17 AM
Lucky bamboo at Hong Kong market Hope Munro Smith Texas 15 27-05-2003 08:20 PM
Lucky Bamboo Merrill Speeter Gardening 18 15-04-2003 12:32 PM
Lucky bamboo? Karen Texas 5 27-03-2003 09:56 AM
Lucky Bamboo Indoor Plant TheresaKyn Bamboo 1 10-03-2003 08:24 AM