GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Where to Buy Rootstock ? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/138562-where-buy-rootstock.html)

Billy Baty 06-03-2006 06:40 AM

Where to Buy Rootstock ?

Hello all,

I have a methley plum tree that produces the most wonderful fruit. I
have a couple of methley trees but this particular one produces plums
that are like giant cherries! They are golden on the outside, bright red
on the inside and incredibly sweet. The other one is just the opposite;
red on the outside, golden interior and not as sweet.

I would like to try my hand at grafting so as to propagate this most
wonderful fruit. I see grafting supplies, a bit of grafting instruction
and rootstock discussion on the Internet but no actual places with
rootstock for sale. I am not sure I would feel comfortable ordering
rootstock or really anything that I am not very familiar with sight
unseen anyway.

Does anyone know of a local nursery that sells rootstock and other
grafting supplies? If not, an Internet nursery?

All the best,

Billy Baty