GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Have a source ? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/138630-have-source.html)

Linda 07-03-2006 03:06 PM

Have a source ?

New to Texas last summer - San Antonio. In many, many yards I see
gorgeous Agave. Mostly the large blue/gray (yep, I know there are tons
of them but I don't know one from another). Also seeing the variegated
ones with stripes of yellow. Wow.

But I can't find a source for them. All the nurseries I have been to
don't have them. Saw a book at one nursery that showed dozens of Agave,
many similar ones.

So, do you know where locally I can get some?
Thanks.

Linda

Jangchub 07-03-2006 03:39 PM

Have a source ?

Wittlesey, I think is the name of the place I'm familiar with. It is
located on the northbound side of I 35 just before you come to Mopac
in Round Rock. Also, the Natural Gardener has a nice selection of
agave, so does Barton Springs Nursery.

pistor 07-03-2006 05:29 PM

Have a source ?

Linda wrote:
So, do you know where locally I can get some?

Not sure about locally in SAT, but here in Austin several nurseries
have excellent agave selections.
http://austin.citysearch.com/profile...s_nursery.html
http://austin.citysearch.com/profile..._gardener.html
http://austin.citysearch.com/profile...n_nursery.html
http://austin.citysearch.com/profile...x/gardens.html

An excellent source for information is Yucca-do, which sells them
online:
http://www.yuccado.com/

Good luck!

Victor

Linda 08-03-2006 01:01 AM

Have a source ?

Thanks to all. I love the site that was sent with the info I was asking
for. The Yuccado site is interesting, too. I'm off shopping soon!

Linda