GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   coral honeysuckle yellowing (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/142839-coral-honeysuckle-yellowing.html)

minerva 22-04-2006 05:44 AM

coral honeysuckle yellowing

Hi All --

I put in a coral honeysuckle on the east side of my house about a month
ago -- it took off like gangbusters, growing really fast and climbing
up the trellis just like I wanted it to. The last week or so, though,
it's started to get yellow leaves down by the ground, and some of the
upper leaves are looking yellow as well. The soil in the bed it's in
is really good -- been working it over for a year or so with compost,
etc., and all the other plants in the bed seem happy (indigo spires and
pink skullcap). It it maybe outgrowing it's roots? Should I pinch it
back a bit? Or maybe it needs a little iron supplement? What do you
guys think?

Thanks -- minerva