GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   A very odd one indeed !! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/143242-very-odd-one-indeed.html)

artomatilda 30-04-2006 09:58 AM

A very odd one indeed !!

I purchased a new motorhome last October. The dealer is in Shropshire,
and new stock is stored in an field alongside the showroom. The first
night we noticed the following "wild life" appearing. Body about 1/2
inch long and very narrow. Pale yellowish/green in colour. Wings go
from very narrow at body to quite wide and are opaque, and about the
same length as the body. They make no effort to fly around and are
very easy to catch. We have now encountered over 100, and hoped that
the cold winter might see them off, but this does not seem to be the
case. They always seem to settle on the inside of the roof. there are
no windows open, and the dealer has done a search, but cannot locate
the source.
Any advice atall, I would appreciate, as this is driving this lady mad
!!! Am willing to try anything. I live in East Scotland and have never
seen similar insects here.