Old 19-05-2006, 02:34 AM posted to austin.gardening
TLR

Default Anybody recognize this vine?

Does anyone recognize this wild vine? It's been growing up my wood fence for
the last 2 years.

http://raifordmultimedia.com/Wild_Vine/vine.htm

Thanks!
Teri in Cedar Park

Old 19-05-2006, 02:43 AM posted to austin.gardening
Jonny

Yep. Grows wild out in Wimberley area. Couple of em in backyard now. One
is bigger than your picture after mowage last year over it. Am letting that
area grow native foliage, not mowing that area this year.
--
Jonny
. com...

Old 19-05-2006, 02:44 AM posted to austin.gardening
TLR

Thanks Johnny - I know it's wild, but I was sort of hoping to learn it's
name

Teri

"Jonny" wrote in message
.net...
Yep. Grows wild out in Wimberley area. Couple of em in backyard now.
One is bigger than your picture after mowage last year over it. Am
letting that area grow native foliage, not mowing that area this year.
--
Jonny
. com...

Old 19-05-2006, 02:14 PM posted to austin.gardening
BJ in Texas

TLR wrote:
|| Does anyone recognize this wild vine? It's been growing up my
|| wood fence for the last 2 years.
|| http://raifordmultimedia.com/Wild_Vine/vine.htm
|| Thanks!
|| Teri in Cedar Park

Looks like a trumpet vine to me..... If you don't want
it there now is the time to get it out of where it is at.
Can get very large and be very invasive.

BJ

--
"Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can
die." --

--
http://home.swbell.net/bjtexas/SS/

Old 19-05-2006, 03:03 PM posted to austin.gardening
TLR

Thanks BJ, pretty sure it's not a trumpet vine. I have one of those.

I was hoping that somebody with a better knowledge of Texas wild plants than
me would know for sure because I couldn't find it in my Texas Wildflowers
book and pix I found online didn't quite match.

I searched again today and found Pepper Vine - Ampelopsis bipinnata with pix
that look a lot more like my plant than some other pepper vine pix I found.
I think this could be it.

http://www.biosurvey.ou.edu/shrub/amar5.htm

Teri

"BJ in Texas" wrote in message
. com...

Old 19-05-2006, 03:52 PM posted to austin.gardening
Mike Harris

Terri,

BJ is correct - that's Trumpet vine or Trumpet Creeper, Campsis Radicans:

http://www.missouriplants.com/Redopp...cans_page.html

--
Mike Harris
Austin, TX