GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Mystery Plant (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/146098-mystery-plant.html)

austinartistdotnet 07-06-2006 02:48 AM

Mystery Plant

What looks like mint (but lighter green) and smells like lemon?

Victor Martinez 07-06-2006 03:02 AM

Mystery Plant

austinartistdotnet wrote:
What looks like mint (but lighter green) and smells like lemon?

Lemon mint?

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

OmManiPadmeOmelet 07-06-2006 03:30 AM

Mystery Plant

In article . com,
"austinartistdotnet" wrote:

What looks like mint (but lighter green) and smells like lemon?

Lemon mint or lemon balm, or possibly lemon verbena?
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

Ruth 11-06-2006 12:20 AM

Mystery Plant

Most likely lemon balm. Doesn't tolerate the heat very well in my
experience.

Gae Xavier 15-06-2006 07:07 PM

Mystery Plant

Ruth wrote:
Most likely lemon balm. Doesn't tolerate the heat very well in my
experience.

Mine does find on the northeast side of house with some watering, but
yes, I doubt it would survive on the east, west or southern sides of the
house.

The mint is fine on the west sunny side under the dripping faucet, but
the lemon balm needs a lot of shade in this heat.