GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Shade until 3 PM (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/146129-shade-until-3-pm.html)

Txdrummermom 07-06-2006 05:46 PM

Shade until 3 PM

I can't figure out what to plant in a spot that has shade until around 3pm after that time the area is in full sun until dark.

Any suggestions?

Thanks :)

Mike Harris 08-06-2006 05:34 PM

Shade until 3 PM

Annuals? Grass / turf / lawn? Ground cover? Bedding plants? Shrubs?
Trees? Water Garden? Fungi? Teamsters' Union Presidents?

--
Txdrummermom

Txdrummermom 09-06-2006 11:26 AM

Thank You so much for making fun of me. I won't be back.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Harris

Kathleen 09-06-2006 08:15 PM

Shade until 3 PM

What makes you think he wasn't serious?
Curiously,
Kathleen

--
You never know how much you really believe anything
until its truth or falsehood becomes a matter of life or death to you.

Mike Harris 09-06-2006 08:39 PM

Shade until 3 PM

I was serious, actually. Flippant, perhaps, but the query was serious.

There are a whole bunch of plants that I can think of that would thrive with
that kind of light. What are you trying to do? What are your goals with
that space? A vegetable or annual flower garden? Grass? Some sort of
shrub?

A little bit more specific information will make it easier to get the
information you seek.
--
Mike Harris
Austin, TX