GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pepper Plants WIlting During the Day (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/147237-re-pepper-plants-wilting-during-day.html)

Jim Marrs 01-07-2006 01:35 AM

Pepper Plants WIlting During the Day

Have you tried mulching the plants, I like to use grass clippings. Also, I
use a drip hose and let it just ooze a little water 24-7 during the hotest
part of the summer. If I feel that the plants are getting to much I turn it
off since peppers can sometimes develop root rot.

Have Fun
JEM

"Steve Wertz" wrote in message
All my peeper plants wilt during the heat of the day, and come
perk back up after dusk the wee hours of the morning. The wilting
I fear keeps them from getting enough sun, and the stems of the
peppers don't seem to be as strong as they should be.

Is this normal, and if not, is there a way to prevent this?

-sw

Cindy 03-07-2006 04:42 PM

Pepper Plants WIlting During the Day

Steve Wertz wrote, On 7/3/2006 7:53 AM:
On Sat, 01 Jul 2006 00:35:54 GMT, Jim Marrs wrote:

I put some pine bark down a few weeks ago.

I'm wondering if I need to water every day it doesn't rain.
Yesterday I didn't have the wiling problem. But it rained in the
morning and wasn't too hot.

-sw

Sometimes when plants get too dry, part of the root system dies. Then
it's easy to OVER-water them and rot the plant.