GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Any ideas? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/147262-any-ideas.html)

MAP 01-07-2006 04:48 PM

Any ideas?

Does anyone have an idea how to keep squirrels out of hanging baskets? They
climb up and sit in the middle of the plant.

Thanks,

Mary Ann

OmManiPadmeOmelet 01-07-2006 09:11 PM

Any ideas?

In article et,
"MAP" wrote:

Does anyone have an idea how to keep squirrels out of hanging baskets? They
climb up and sit in the middle of the plant.

Thanks,

Mary Ann

Air rifle...

Squirrel is delicious.
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

stuck 03-07-2006 03:25 AM

Any ideas?

Does anyone have an idea how to keep squirrels out of hanging baskets?
They
climb up and sit in the middle of the plant.

Of all things salt.. Pour a generous amount of salt on the top soil and
watch your squirrel problems disappear!

-Bob
http://www.lakenights.com/

Dewitt 03-07-2006 04:50 AM

Any ideas?

On Mon, 03 Jul 2006 02:25:05 GMT, "stuck" wrote:

Does anyone have an idea how to keep squirrels out of hanging baskets?
They
climb up and sit in the middle of the plant.

Of all things salt.. Pour a generous amount of salt on the top soil and
watch your squirrel problems disappear!

Along with your plant, of course, since it won't like the salt any
better than the squirrels.

Try something prickly like rose cane cuttings

deg

OmManiPadmeOmelet 03-07-2006 11:55 AM

Any ideas?

In article ,
"stuck" wrote:

Does anyone have an idea how to keep squirrels out of hanging baskets?
They
climb up and sit in the middle of the plant.

Of all things salt.. Pour a generous amount of salt on the top soil and
watch your squirrel problems disappear!

-Bob
http://www.lakenights.com/

Indeed... as it'll kill the plant.
No plant, no squirrel.
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

Cindy 03-07-2006 04:45 PM

Any ideas?

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote, On 7/3/2006 5:55 AM:
In article ,
"stuck" wrote:

Indeed... as it'll kill the plant.
No plant, no squirrel.

AND if some joker tells you your plants need a little toddy to relax, be
aware that plants don't like alcohol either. My roommate once watered
my first-ever houseplant, a pretty heart ivy, with her whiskey and coke.
It died.