GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   just a short stupid guestion-onions (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/147995-just-short-stupid-guestion-onions.html)

Christopher Shoenleben 23-07-2006 02:46 PM

just a short stupid guestion-onions

When can you tell when they are done?
Thanks
chris

Cindy[_1_] 23-07-2006 04:10 PM

just a short stupid guestion-onions

* Christopher Shoenleben wrote, On 7/23/2006 8:46 AM:
When can you tell when they are done?
Thanks
chris

Done cooking or growing?

[email protected] 24-07-2006 02:59 PM

just a short stupid guestion-onions

When can you tell when they are done?

When? Anytime you care to. If cooking, they are soft. If growing the
tops fall over and turn brown.

DS

Christopher Shoenleben 24-07-2006 09:41 PM

just a short stupid guestion-onions

Sorry, when done growing LOL
Thanks, That is when I thought but it doesn't hurt to ask

Chris

Mike Harris[_1_] 24-07-2006 10:18 PM

wrote in message

When can you tell when they are done?

When? Anytime you care to. If cooking, they are soft. If growing the
tops fall over and turn brown.

DS

Of course, you can eat them at any time between tiny little green onions
and full-blown bulbs.

Just thought I'd stir the pot a little. ;-)

DT

Between tiny green and full blown bulbs are *great* on the grill.
--
Mike Harris
Austin, TX