Old 26-07-2006, 06:38 PM posted to austin.gardening

Default Texas Tree Planting Guide

There's a new(ish) resource for those wanting to plant trees in Texas.
The Texas Forest Service has created the following site (with the help
of TAMU, apparently):

http://TexasTreePlanting.tamu.edu

Locally, it's not a good time to be planting trees, but now is a good
time to start planning for Fall!

happy planting,
Keith
Old 27-07-2006, 03:36 AM posted to austin.gardening

"Treedweller" wrote in message
There's a new(ish) resource for those wanting to plant trees in Texas.
The Texas Forest Service has created the following site (with the help
of TAMU, apparently):

http://TexasTreePlanting.tamu.edu

Locally, it's not a good time to be planting trees, but now is a good
time to start planning for Fall!

happy planting,
Keith

4 trees appeared for Hays county. Only one made sense, the mexican
sycamore, for this continuous drought. Yes, there's a drought if you
forgot.

If there's some substantial rain between now and November 1st, may consider
it. If not, will continue to drip waterfeed my 2 one-year pecan trees for
another year.

Weather patterns run in cycles from year to year. I've never seen hangin
around subsequent low and high pressure cells in summer since observing
weather in my teen years in S. Texas. Sumpthin's not right. I'm 53.
--
Jonny

Planting dill in Texas zxcvbob Edible Gardening 2 27-07-2010 08:24 PM
Another late planting guide from Nicholšs. Nursery Bill[_13_] Gardening 0 24-08-2008 02:58 PM
Strawberry Planting Guide O My Garden[_2_] Gardening 0 02-07-2007 01:58 AM
Moon Planting Guide Bazil Australia 0 24-01-2005 06:57 AM
Looking for a Companion Planting Reference guide Australia 1 05-04-2003 06:34 AM