GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Burnt Orange moths (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/148312-burnt-orange-moths.html)

01-08-2006 11:54 PM

Burnt Orange moths

I live in San Marcos, and we are swimming in burnt orange color moths.
They're everywhere! Does anyone know what they are? They're all over the
bird baths. I've put out extra water for them....but am not sure if that's
the right thing to do.
I goggled red and orange moths and haven't seen anything that looks quite
like them.
Thanks! Beverly

BJ in Texas 02-08-2006 01:10 PM

Burnt Orange moths

wrote:
|| I live in San Marcos, and we are swimming in burnt orange
|| color moths. They're everywhere! Does anyone know what they
|| are? They're all over the bird baths. I've put out extra
|| water for them....but am not sure if that's the right thing
|| to do.
|| I goggled red and orange moths and haven't seen anything that
|| looks quite like them.
|| Thanks! Beverly

Longhorn moths getting ready to return to Austin for the school
year... :-)

"Most of the important things in the world have been
accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed
to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie

Middle East -
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/idea...p-369513c.html

Islamic Fundamentalism -
http://www.obsessionthemovie.com

Social Security -
http://home.swbell.net/bjtexas/SS/

Mike Harris[_1_] 03-08-2006 04:41 PM

Burnt Orange moths

wrote in message

I live in San Marcos, and we are swimming in burnt orange color moths.
They're everywhere! Does anyone know what they are? They're all over the
bird baths. I've put out extra water for them....but am not sure if
that's the right thing to do.
I goggled red and orange moths and haven't seen anything that looks quite
like them.
Thanks! Beverly

Beverly,

Is this one of them (posted by Om):

http://tinypic.com/211syuw.jpg

If so, see the "Butterfly swarms!!!!" thread.