GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Advice on Peaches (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/14957-advice-peaches.html)

Spacewalkman 14-04-2003 10:08 PM

Advice on Peaches

I've got quite many peaches on my peach trees this year. I heard that
I should get rid of some of them (peaches) to have the rest grow well.
Is this correct?

Your advice is highly appreciated.

S.W.

gribbee 15-04-2003 03:09 PM

Advice on Peaches

"Spacewalkman" wrote in message

I've got quite many peaches on my peach trees this year. I heard that
I should get rid of some of them (peaches) to have the rest grow well.
Is this correct?

Your advice is highly appreciated.

S.W.

Yes. At least thin to a single peach whereever there is a cluster. I think
the rule of thumb is 12" between peaches, but generally fewer - larger.

Hane 15-04-2003 03:56 PM

Advice on Peaches

"gribbee" wrote in message
"Spacewalkman" wrote in message

I've got quite many peaches on my peach trees this year. I heard that
I should get rid of some of them (peaches) to have the rest grow well.
Is this correct?

Your advice is highly appreciated.

S.W.

Yes. At least thin to a single peach whereever there is a cluster. I think
the rule of thumb is 12" between peaches, but generally fewer - larger.

Any advice on how to get a grip and pull them off? One of mine has come into
it's own and has almost 100 peaches. I'm afraid I'm going to have to pay a
grandkid while I stay in the house. What I could do with 100 peaches...

h-