Old 16-10-2006, 03:04 PM posted to austin.gardening

Default 55 Gallon Plastic Barrels

How do I install a spigot on these.

I searched Google and found instructions that include cutting a large hole
in the top and then securing the spigot on the inside with some type lock
nut.

Would it work to cut a hole a little smaller that the threaded end of the
faucet and using some type epoxy?

Will the pressure blow it out?

thanks
steven

Old 16-10-2006, 03:51 PM posted to austin.gardening

Something like this:
http://www.rotonics.com/tanks/Accessories.htm

You need the threaded & gasket parts to hold pressure -
Home Depot & Lowe's probably have it - if not, go to a plumbing
supply ...

Fittings

RMI Bulkhead Fittings:
Standard EPDM Gaskets.
1/2" - 4" PVC Bulkhead Fittings with EPDM Gaskets.
3/4" - 3" Polypropylene Bulkhead Fittings with EPDM Gaskets.
Viton Gaskets are available upon request.

Gene

Old 17-10-2006, 02:52 PM posted to austin.gardening

wrote in message
How do I install a spigot on these.

I searched Google and found instructions that include cutting a large hole
in the top and then securing the spigot on the inside with some type lock
nut.

Would it work to cut a hole a little smaller that the threaded end of the
faucet and using some type epoxy?

Will the pressure blow it out?

thanks
steven

http://www.pacd.org/resources/pollut...20brochure.pdf

http://www.naturalrainwater.com/make_rainbarrel.htm

http://clark.wsu.edu/volunteer/ws/ws-rain-barrels.pdf

http://ag.arizona.edu/gardening/news...les/16.14.html

This is easy. We did this, but instead of plumbers putty we used JBWeld.
The bracket in the back keeps it from coming out, the JBWeld keeps any water
from leaking.
Had it for 10 years so far.

jojo

Old 17-10-2006, 07:17 PM posted to austin.gardening

wrote in message
How do I install a spigot on these.

I searched Google and found instructions that include cutting a large hole
in the top and then securing the spigot on the inside with some type lock
nut.

Would it work to cut a hole a little smaller that the threaded end of the
faucet and using some type epoxy?

Will the pressure blow it out?

thanks
steven

Threaded and gasketed will be more easily disassembled in the event of a
clog. If your big-box stores don't have what you need try Crump Plumbing,
open 7 days. 8647 Rockwood Ln (behind Waterloo Ice House on Burnet),
512-454-6622

No affiliation, just a satisfied customer.
--
Mike Harris
Austin TX