GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tree/shrub ID needed (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/15047-tree-shrub-id-needed.html)

Bill Tschumy 15-04-2003 05:09 PM

Tree/shrub ID needed

Can anyone identify this tree/shrub that is growing in our backyard? Someone
at Gardenville thought it might be in the Dogwood family.

http://www.otherwise.com/TreeID/CloseUp.JPG
http://www.otherwise.com/TreeID/FarAway.JPG

--
Bill Tschumy
Otherwise -- Austin, TX

Rusty Mase 15-04-2003 05:44 PM

Tree/shrub ID needed

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 16:04:18 GMT, Bill Tschumy
wrote:

Can anyone identify this tree/shrub that is growing in our backyard?

It is a Ptelea trifoliata - wafer ash, hop tree, various names.
Fairly common shrub to very small tree around Austin, mostly west.

Rusty Mase