GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   drip irrigation for lawns (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/15051-drip-irrigation-lawns.html)

br 15-04-2003 05:32 PM

drip irrigation for lawns

My front + backyard is about 2000 square feet. Instead of having a
conventional sprinkler system, is it possible to install a drip
irrigation for a lawn ? If so are there any companies in austin that
do that ?
Thanks in advance.

BR

animaux 15-04-2003 09:56 PM

drip irrigation for lawns

I mow very high (4 inches or more) and I lay down soaker hoses. As long as I am
careful not to go over the connector while mowing, it works very well.
Virtually no loss to evaporation.

On the other hand, I have been removing more and more turf each year. This
year, so far I have removed at least 500 square feet and planted natives. I
removed the whole strip between the sidewalk and street. That is such a useless
space. Now, I will only have to water it on rare occasions. I used Guara
lindheimerii 'Siskyou Pink' and 'Whirling Butterflies.' Last fall I planted 1/2
pound of bluebonnet seeds and it is now a beautiful strip of flowers. G.
lindhermerii flowers till frost, all summer.