Old 27-10-2006, 01:14 PM posted to austin.gardening

Default Favorite nurseries and Intro,

Hello Everyone,

My name is Anita and I recently moved to Austin from Dallas, about 4
months now.
I have been container gardening as I plan on moving from my current
location in about a year.
I have found a couple of great nurseries here in town, but still was
wondering where everyone liked to go to get their plants and/or
supplies.
The location does not matter to me so much, as the quality and price.
Plus it interest me to see where people go and why if possible.

Thank you everyone ahead of time,
Anita

Old 27-10-2006, 04:43 PM posted to austin.gardening

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 04:14:29 -0700, wrote:

I have found a couple of great nurseries here in town, but still was
wondering where everyone liked to go to get their plants and/or
supplies.

Howard Nursery.

Ooops, never mind. :-(
Old 27-10-2006, 04:43 PM posted to austin.gardening

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello Everyone,

My name is Anita and I recently moved to Austin from Dallas, about 4
months now.
I have been container gardening as I plan on moving from my current
location in about a year.
I have found a couple of great nurseries here in town, but still was
wondering where everyone liked to go to get their plants and/or
supplies.
The location does not matter to me so much, as the quality and price.
Plus it interest me to see where people go and why if possible.

Thank you everyone ahead of time,
Anita

Anita,

I sent this list earlier this year to a co-worker who just moved here from
the UK

Travis county agricultural extension, or "what's that bug and is it eating
my plants?"

http://travis-tx.tamu.edu/

Retailers, in no particular order:

http://www.naturalgardeneraustin.com/index.html

http://breedandco.com/

http://www.bigredsun.com/site/tweet.html

http://www.hillcountrywatergardens.com/

http://howardnursery.com/

http://www.itsajungleaustin.com/

http://www.tedstrees.com/

No web site:

Utility Research Garden, 638 Tillery St., Austin TX 78702, (512) 386-9453.

Barton Springs Nursery, 3601 Bee Caves Rd Austin TX 78746, (512) 328-6655

Great Outdoors, 2730 S Congress Ave Austin, TX 78704, (512) 448-2992

Not specifically garden related but an old-school hardware / feed store, fun
to browse:

http://www.callahansgeneralstore.com/

Old 28-10-2006, 05:30 AM posted to austin.gardening

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 14:43:58 GMT, "Mike Harris"
wrote:

http://howardnursery.com/

As GBT implied, this one is no more.

RIP.
td

Old 02-01-2007, 11:19 PM posted to austin.gardening
Bob Bob is offline

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello Everyone,

My name is Anita and I recently moved to Austin from Dallas, about 4
months now.
I have been container gardening as I plan on moving from my current
location in about a year.
I have found a couple of great nurseries here in town, but still was
wondering where everyone liked to go to get their plants and/or
supplies.
The location does not matter to me so much, as the quality and price.
Plus it interest me to see where people go and why if possible.

Thank you everyone ahead of time,
Anita

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++

Personally, I don't think you can beat Gardenville. You said location is
not a problem, but it is way down south on highway 71, and I'm in Georgetown
so I don't go often.

But, he has the highest quality stock, not always the best prices but not
bad, and way more positive than anything is the first class advice from
people who have been in Texas for years, know the various soils in the area,
and the native plants as well as hybrids.

I wish to heck they were closer.
BTW, you can hear the owner (John Dromgoul (sp?)) on KLBJ-AM (590) on
Saturday, and I think Sunday morning doing a garden show.

Bob

Old 03-01-2007, 07:37 AM posted to austin.gardening

On Tue, 2 Jan 2007 16:19:16 -0600, "Bob"
wrote:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++

Personally, I don't think you can beat Gardenville. You said location is
not a problem, but it is way down south on highway 71, and I'm in Georgetown
so I don't go often.

But, he has the highest quality stock, not always the best prices but not
bad, and way more positive than anything is the first class advice from
people who have been in Texas for years, know the various soils in the area,
and the native plants as well as hybrids.

I wish to heck they were closer.
BTW, you can hear the owner (John Dromgoul (sp?)) on KLBJ-AM (590) on
Saturday, and I think Sunday morning doing a garden show.

Bob

John Dromgoole and Gardenville parted ways some time ago. Dromgoole's
nursery is called The Natural Gardener and is not far from
Gardenville.

My intro and questions! [email protected] United Kingdom 31 26-03-2005 01:30 PM
Intro and question hedges V. Gardening 1 17-03-2005 01:21 PM
Intro and beet question Leslie Gardening 5 21-07-2003 10:03 PM
Intro and info Joe Ferenchik Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 18-07-2003 11:13 AM
Intro and info Joe Ferenchik Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 19-05-2003 04:08 PM