Old 16-04-2003, 04:08 AM
dixie

Default Weeping Willow Problem

I have a weeping willow tree that is covered with little holes throughout
the bark. The branches only have leaves on the tips which look healthy
enough but the rest of the tree almost looks dead. Can anyone tell me what
is wrong and I would appreciate any advice on what to do to save the tree.
Thanks

Old 16-04-2003, 09:56 PM
animaux

This tree is not suited to our climate and soils. They require far more water
than we are able to provide in central Texas. They live approx. 10-15 years and
die. Not a great tree and a waste of precious tree growing time.

Old 17-04-2003, 04:32 AM
dixie

Sorry I forgot to mention I am on Vancouver Island in Canada where we get
lots of rain. Any further advice and thanks for trying to help.

Old 17-04-2003, 04:08 PM
Victor M. Martinez

dixie wrote:
Sorry I forgot to mention I am on Vancouver Island in Canada where we get
lots of rain. Any further advice and thanks for trying to help.

Sorry to point out the obvious, but why on earth are you posting your
question to austin.gardening? Austin as in Austin, Texas.

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

Old 17-04-2003, 04:32 PM
animaux

Oh, this is an Austin, Texas newsgroup. If the bark has little holes you most
likely have some type of borer or sapsucker, or something else like it. Call
your local Botanical Gardens.

On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 03:31:58 GMT, "dixie" wrote:

Sorry I forgot to mention I am on Vancouver Island in Canada where we get
lots of rain. Any further advice and thanks for trying to help.
.. .

Old 17-04-2003, 07:56 PM
dixie

Why are you wasting your time writing me nasty notes when someone from
Austin has already answered my question. You should stick to studying sage
bush and tumbleweeds.

Old 18-04-2003, 03:44 PM
Terry Horton

On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 18:55:00 GMT, "dixie" wrote:

Why are you wasting your time writing me nasty notes when someone from
Austin has already answered my question. You should stick to studying sage
bush and tumbleweeds.

Glad you found help with your willow. Temperate rain forest and xeric
oak-juniper woodland do have some things in common.

BTW, tumbleweeds are a central Asian import and grow nowhere near
Austin. And sagebrush (Artemesia spp.) country ends many hundreds of
miles to our west and north. Closer to Hollywood, if you know what I
mean :-).

Weeping Willow problem Davey[_2_] United Kingdom 19 06-06-2014 10:04 PM
weeping willow problem Larry Gardening 1 13-04-2005 03:42 AM
Weeping Willow Problem Graham Dixon United Kingdom 1 13-06-2004 06:05 PM
Salix Caprea Pendula? (Weeping Pussy Willow) janet.bennett United Kingdom 1 29-03-2003 08:44 AM