Old 16-04-2003, 08:56 PM
Louis

Default Gardenias, ,mold and whiteflies

I've sprayed the gardenias with diluted Palmolive dishwashing detergent
several times and left it on the plant. And I have sprayed it on them to
wash it off within ten minutes. But I still have too much mold on the
leaves. Does anyone have a better solution to whiteflies and the sooty mold
on gardenias

Old 18-04-2003, 01:44 PM
jamie

Louis wrote:
I've sprayed the gardenias with diluted Palmolive dishwashing detergent
several times and left it on the plant. And I have sprayed it on them to
wash it off within ten minutes. But I still have too much mold on the
leaves. Does anyone have a better solution to whiteflies and the sooty mold
on gardenias

I bought a bottle called Ferti-Lome systemic fungicide, because my
backyard is a low point on my block, and the grass was growing mold after
all the rain. It has instructions on it for spraying rosebushes and other
shrubs, so it would probably be suitable for the mold on your gardenias.

(At least after the de-thatching of the lawn that I did last summer,
and treating with some kind of grub-icide, I only had normal amounts of
crane flies and junebugs this year, instead of the plagues of them that
I had every night last spring.)

--
jamie )

"There's a seeker born every minute."

Old 18-04-2003, 06:08 PM
Brian Martin

place chewing tobacco in nylon and boil it...let it cool and add gelatin.
Then fill a spray bottle 1/2 way up and add 1/4 a cup of flea and tick
shampoo...rest water. Spray on plant {any plant...hose end sprayer and this
is great for keeping bugs out of yard including misquotes that nest in the
grass} DON'T WASH OFF!! This will get ride of ALL bugs that want to eat your
plants. Also...don't spray on plants you plan on letting butterfly's nest
on...cause they won't.
As far as mildew...went threw this a week ago...take Bleach {2 spoon full}
and put in a spray bottle with water...spray and wipe. Bleach will kill the
mold but it won't be strong enough to hurt the plant...and wiping is the
only way to get rid of the ugly look! There is a book call plants are like
people too that has a bunch of this stuff in it...and it works well. Jerry
Baker {the author} even host a show on the radio and channel 8 in some
areas.
Hope this helps...
Lorraine
Waller, TX